Mazda3 Forums banner

New Eonon GA5163 Android Car DVD for Mazda 3 2010-2012 Now Released!

148K views 460 replies 43 participants last post by  EononCarDVD 
#1 ·
Hi guys, Merry Christmas soon! Many of you have asked me if there’s an Android head unit for Mazda 3 2010-2012, a great news to tell you that our new Eonon Android OS GA5163 Car DVD Player was released today! :smile: It's a remarkable unit with many awesome new features. :coolio: Here I would like briefly introduce to you, just hope it will help you know our unit better and the unit can meet your demand!

Main features of GA5163:
-Fit 2010-2012 Mazda 3
-Android 4.2.2 OS
-Capacitive Touch Screen
-Support Wifi & 3G Connection

-Support Screen Mirroring
-8 Dynamic Background Pictures
-Fully DIY Buttons Colors
-Support Bluetooth Contact Search Function
-External MIC Support
-Steering Wheel Control Function

More details you can check check: http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/GA5163.html

If you have any question toward this unit, or would like to join the future Group Buy, just feel free to let me know, thanks a lot! :)

See less See more
#174 ·
I can only comment on coudo's rom as it's the only one of the three different roms available for our unit that I've used. I can't answer your question about the note 4 as I use an LG G3 for mirroring but I don't really use that feature. With all these roms you'll still have to download and use car service app to get full or some more use of the steering wheel features I believe. I use next launcher with my rom, you can use any other launchers that you want and can change themes, wallpapers, and live wallpapers. There's a few really good Mazda live wallpapers that's available in the play store that I use. Oh and there's an eleven band equalizer that comes with this rom so you have added sound enhancement. I Also use viper4android drivers for better sound quality. The roms enhance the quality of the unit but certainly doesn't perfect the problems of it. I believe Eonon or whoever is designing these stereos is still a few years away from a perfect unit.

#186 ·
Found a lot of great information on this thread. Enough that I feel confident ordering this head unit. I am also impressed by the attention Eonon has been giving everyone. This is what convinced me to purchase the unit yesterday. I just received my email from Eonon with the shipping info and I can't wait to get it installed. I look forward to showing some pics of my installation. Thanks for your help everyone.

#187 ·
Any fixes for the radio app?

Hi. I just got this unit installed in my 2010 Mazda 3i touring (non-Bose). It replaced my recently deceased Caska WinCE POS.

Can anyone suggest how to fix the radio app? On AM band, the tuner counts by 9kHz instead of 10kHz. So if you start at (say) 500kHz, press tune up, you're now at 509kHz. In this US at least, this is completely broken. The next station is at 510kHz. It leaves me unable to tune to my wife's sports station at 680kHz, which makes the wife grumpy. Oddly, this is the exact same behavior as my dead Caska unit.

The radio app is also weird for FM. It counts by 0.05MHz. In the US at least, if you're at 103.7MHz, the next station up is at 103.9MHz (0.2MHz increment). But this Eonon unit counts as 103.70, 103.75, 103.80, 103.85, etc. You can tune to all the stations, but it takes 4x as long to get there.

Thanks for any help! --jwc

#190 ·
To fix the radio you need to going into System settings and there's a factory settings menu near the bottom.

The password is 126 and then you get a few extra options like changing the car logo, radio volumes and the continent you're in which I believe is what you need to change to get the radio frequency step values.

#193 ·
Hi crocky, thanks for your order! Yes you'll love our GA5163 very much as others do! :smile: Welcome to share your installation pics and reviews then, thanks!

About the instruction, you can click an icon called "Instruction" on the main menu of the head unit to view the user manual. And you can also download the manual from this link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/pz396i

For the installation you can totally take a look at one of our fans' guide here: http://imgur.com/a/U2nD4 Hope it helps!

#196 ·
Hi guys, do you know Eonon is celebrating our 13th anniversary now? When we celebrate, you SAVE! Now our GA5163 Android Car DVD is with 38% OFF now! :shocked: More details please check here: http://www.eonon.com/13th_Anniversary.aspx

We have 13 years of doing Car Audio with great reputation, a big thank-you to everyone for your support over the past years! We Love you all! The on sale models are all hot new Android units which are welcomed globally. Eonon will definitely bring your car audio to next level, and at the same time help you save tons! :smile:

Never miss this once a year golden chance! Happy shopping! :winker:

What's more, if you don't buy our unit currently, you can also get free car stickers by liking Eonon Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official FREE Shipping provided! :wink: Cheers!

#197 · (Edited)
Hey EononCarDVD I see you stated that your GM5163 model will fit the 2013 mazda3, is it direct plug and play and will I lose my steering wheel controls? I see a few others have inquired about this and I'm wondering if you have gotten back to them, also I'm located in the United States. Thanks!

#204 ·
Anyone gotten a 3G dongle working yet?

Hi all. I ordered a Huawei E1750C, which was one of the ones listed in the Eonon docs as being compatible. I got an AT&T sim card for it. It works with my laptop. I connected it to my Eonon GA5163. I get a green LED on the USB 3G dongle. It blinks once in a while. But the GA5163 doesn't do anything with it. I don't see any setup options to configure it. Has anyone gotten this working?

Thanks! --jwc

#205 ·
Hi all. I ordered a Huawei E1750C, which was one of the ones listed in the Eonon docs as being compatible. I got an AT&T sim card for it. It works with my laptop. I connected it to my Eonon GA5163. I get a green LED on the USB 3G dongle. It blinks once in a while. But the GA5163 doesn't do anything with it. I don't see any setup options to configure it. Has anyone gotten this working?

Thanks! --jwc
Hi jwc, I've checked with our tech for your issue, here is the advice:
1. Our unit doesn't need setting, it can realize the 3G dongle automatically. Please check if there's 3G symbol showed on the top of the unit.

2. When you connect 3G dongle to your laptop, pls make sure if you need to set something, if the SIM card need to dial-up. If so, you'll need to contact AT&T if you need to download APP to install.

If the problem still exists, you can PM me with your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, we will help you further, thanks!

#206 ·
I was able to finally install the head unit this weekend. So far, most of the features seem to be working fine. I have the Bose speaker system and, thanks to the mod provided in this tread, the speakers seem to be working fine. The steering wheel controls work as expected. I can't start or end a phone call with them, but that was mentioned as a known issue. I'm OK with this. I have had no issue, at all, with my keyless entry. I was able to setup my GPS using the app Sygic. Since I have hotspot capabilities, on my phone, I can also use Google Maps. I was able to install and update the Google Play apk, so this works great. I have made many outbound calls and everyone was able to hear me clearly. I am able to listen to SiriusXM using the app, which was a must for me. (I had Satellite capability add to car right after I got it and was afraid I'd lose it with this head unit.) Things I'm still working on. I can't play any DVD movies. I've only tried 2 DVDs, so far. It takes the disc in, the mode changes to DVD, the controls pop up on the screen and you can hear the DVD spinning, but then nothing happens. I was not driving and parking brake was engaged. I also changed the setting to allow video play while driving. I also have not mirrored my Galaxy S5 with the car, but I have not researched this yet. I was able to import my phone book to the head unit, but it lists the names using last name first. Is there a way to change this so that first name comes before last name? Certainly not a deal breaker, but would be nice. All in all, I am very happy with this head unit. Clearly, I want to make sure the DVD optical drive works, even though I'm sure I can use an app to view video. I did get the rear cam, but will have to save the installation for another day. Thanks to everyone that took the time to answer my questions, including Eonon, for their speedy responses.

#207 ·
Hi perezj30, glad to hear you love our unit! Thanks for your detailed review! Welcome to share with us your installation pics or video! :smile:

The bluetooth phonebook list is sequenced by the time you add the contact. And our GA5163 can't support the screen mirroring with Samsung phones, we have specified that our our website. Hope you can understand.

About the DVD player issue, could you pls kindly tell me what's your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit? I'll help you check then, thanks a lot!

#209 ·
Hi dinggus, there're several ways for you to run GPS navigation:
1.Offline Maps -- You can download a map online, install it, and use it easily even without network.
2.Access Free Online Maps via #WiFi or #3G net work, such as Google Map.
3.Buy an Android version map with a SD card, such as MapKing, insert it into GPS SD slot of the Android unit, set the navigation path and then run GPS as general GPS models do.
4.Use Screen Mirroring function, you can Sync the Map of your Phone to show on Android Car Stereo for larger display directly.

Hope it helps! And welcome to get our GA5163 here: http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/GA5163.html
Now it's on big 13th Anniversary sale with 38% OFF, last 2 days left, just grab the last chance, cheers! :smile:

#211 ·
I put Sygic GPS app on my unit yesterday. It came with all features enabled for free for 1 week. It seems very nice. I selected my country (USA) and the 3 states I visit most often. After a 20 min (or so) DL it was ready to go. I used it this morning on my way to work and it worked flawlessly. Although the voice telling me I was speeding was new. Google maps doesn't do that.
We'll see what features disable after the week is up to see if it is still great or just meh.

For a bose system install you need to splice some wires with RCA plugs other wise it will blast you out of your car at volume 1. See a few pages back for a guide how to do it. (I have BOSE and it sounds pretty good, bass is still weak IMO).
Yes, you can stream music from your phone with bluetooth. You have to goto the phone bluetooth app not the music app (like you would think) to get it to work.

I just spent 3 or 4 hours downloading LRC files for all the songs I put on a memory card to play in the music app. Very cool feature seeing the song lyrics scroll past as the song plays.

sent from my Note 4

#213 ·
It's getting near to April again, are you busy preparing for your Easter now? :smile: Great news to tell you that, we have MEGA EASTER SALE now, selected HOT Car DVD start from $99, with up to 40% OFF, including the Mazda 3 Android Car Stereo GA5163! http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/GA5163.html

Moreover, you can also buy some Creative Accessories with BIG Discount together with any orders! Happy Easter! :cheesy: For more details, please check here: http://www.eonon.com/easter_2015.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.