Mazda3 Forums banner

Sedan Or Hatch?

Sedan Or Hatch?

111K views 414 replies 243 participants last post by  Cameron_3 
#1 ·
Since we have seen many pictures now, which one do you prefer?

#402 ·
Hatch all the way. The shape just looks better to me and its got a larger engine. I could never get used to the look of the sedan. Only in black as a sedan it looks good, any other color to me looks plain awkward. I think my gray mica would look like shit on a sedan. Too tiny but tall looking as a sedan. All IMO.

#403 ·
[quote author=Vicarious Chair link=topic=388.msg4065648#msg4065648 date=1310027772]
Hatch all the way. The shape just looks better to me and its got a larger engine. I could never get used to the look of the sedan. Only in black as a sedan it looks good, any other color to me looks plain awkward. I think my gray mica would look like shit on a sedan. Too tiny but tall looking as a sedan. All IMO.
[/quote]

That's cause you have the 2nd gen where both the hatch and sedan are hideous.

What an epic fail on Mazda's design. They better shape'n up soon and fix this crap!

#408 ·
[quote author=theaop link=topic=388.msg3959048#msg3959048 date=1299785239]
[quote author=mazuda link=topic=388.msg3958455#msg3958455 date=1299754820]
If you have to carry long items, it is better HB. You can Skiing in the cabin, rather than on the roof
[/quote]

Da Fuck?
[/quote]

lol

#410 ·
To each their own, then. The 1st gen's sleeper look doesn't really phase me. I'm not COMPLETELY partial to the smile-a-lot look, but it looks more menacing and sporty compared to the first generation. I especially love the new MS3. The looks fit the horses now in my opinion. In fact, I'm ordering a MS3 grille for my 2011 Mazda 3. It looks like all the insert spots match up identically with that of my own, so I'm just going for it.

#411 ·
[quote author=Vicarious Chair link=topic=388.msg4066538#msg4066538 date=1310103270]
To each their own, then. The 1st gen's sleeper look doesn't really phase me. I'm not COMPLETELY partial to the smile-a-lot look, but it looks more menacing and sporty compared to the first generation. I especially love the new MS3. The looks fit the horses now in my opinion. In fact, I'm ordering a MS3 grille for my 2011 Mazda 3. It looks like all the insert spots match up identically with that of my own, so I'm just going for it.
[/quote]

Let me know how this comes out. I was wanting to do this, but I didn't think it'd fit...

#414 ·
I'm wondering if there's a visibility difference in the rear-view mirror? It looks like the sedan has a higher window bottom, so you're not going to see the pavement for a long ways behind you.

Obviously the hatch has more functionality for throwing things in the back. The sedan gets slightly better mpg's apparently (about 1 mpg from what I've seen here). I prefer the look of the sedan, but obviously that's a religious war.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.