Mazda3 Forums banner

Look normal?

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Cab0oze 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Current Car:
2014 Mazda3 GT sedan, royal blue

So I recently noticed these two dimples on my hood. I wasn't sure if it was the moisture from the engine being warm and outside being cold at the time. I took some pics and tried to compare to what I can find online. No sure if its part of the lines of the hood design.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

My car:

Pic I found online:

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you parked under any trees since you purchased the vehicle? The reason i ask this is because those little dimples are fairly common when you have a tree losing its berries, nuts,cones, etc. My best guess is that some really tiny marble like objects fell from pretty high and hit your precious hood.

EDIT: It could also be the little rubber stoppers embossed on the inside of your hood so that you dont slam it every time you close the hood. Those could probably be the cause. Try checking the same spot under your hood for rivets or rubber feet.

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

I usually don't park under any trees and try to park away from all cars when using parking lots.

I need to go check out those rubber stoppers that you're talking about. I find it weird that they seem to be on the same area both sides so the stoppers theory is sounding good. Would it be a scenario that someone probably leaned on the hood?

Any suggestion if it's an easy fix?

#4 · (Edited)
There are a million things that could have caused that, that you wouldn't believe.
I was sitting outside a friends house talking to people and squirrels were chasing each other in the tree above a car. One slipped, fell out of the tree and landed on the hood, denting it. A split second later the other one jumps out of the tree after him on purpose adding a new same-size dent with scratches.

If I hadn't seen it in person I never would have guessed.

Try to pop them out yourself, there are several tricks. Google it.

Also,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.