Mazda3 Forums banner

Dynotronics gone?

6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  setoniukas 
#1 ·
I was looking for some answers about Dynotronics tune they have for our mz3 and i don't see it anywhere in forums here, so before i put some questions out there about it i just want to know where did that thread go?

#2 ·
There is still a guy on here that represents them, but I know they've got a lot of unsatisfied customers. Lots of threads of people putting money down and not getting the work they paid for. It all seems to fall back on someone named "Joe".

Google "dynotronics problems" you'll find forums all over the net with people complaining about issues with them.

#5 ·
Nope we are still here, doing business like we have for the past 10+ years.

If you need references, let me know we have tuned over 1100 mazdas in the past few years with a 99.5% customer satisfaction rate.

Do we make everyone happy, nope. For sure not the "competition" that love to use these forums to spread BS.

Fact of the matter is, we are the largest tuning company in the United States, with over 4000 tuned customers to date. We work damn hard to make sure our customers are happy, but frankly that's not 100% possible 100% of the time. We are a Cobb Pro Tuner shop, as well as one of only a handful of EcuTek Master Tuners in the US. We send out something like 400 files per month, and work our butts off to make it all happen.

If you have a question, or a comment, call me directly, I will be happy to answer your questions, with zero Bullshit.

#7 · (Edited)
no, not at all. You need to remember that very very few people that use our service haunt these forums, or others. So, if you look carefully you will find that most of what you read thats negative has been posted by the same very small group of people.I find it interesting to note that we have seen your negative comments before as well. Please tell me, do you have first hand experience with our company, or are you simply passing on the BS rumors you found elsewhere?

#8 ·
I have no dealings with Dynotronics but as the Dynotronics tuning thread showed (which I cannot find) that the Mazda market is an tough entry level market.

1. Very cost conscious.
2. Incredibly impatient which is wrong attitude to have when custom tuning an engine.
3. Very limited PC skills. Most customers did not even have a Windows laptop nor know how to copy files, USB to serial cables, etc, etc..
4. Nearly all customers had zero tuning or chassis dyno experience. Nor were they willing to pay for a chassis dyno session to data log.
This can help the tuner greatly.
5. Many customers were using the forum to communicate with Dynotronics rather than directly with the tuner.

Just my opinion...

#11 ·
5. Many customers were using the forum to communicate with Dynotronics rather than directly with the tuner.

I am not yet a DT customer, although I plan to be once this swap is done. I also have no delusions of "need it nao omg wuts taking sooooo long" attitude, but that being said, I actually attempted to contact the company through their website provided email, with no response that I am aware of, nor did I get a response to the PM I sent some days later on the forum... I guess they're just busy? But I have found them rather hard to track down for a couple simple questions.

That being said, their results seem to be phenomenal, as is their working knowledge of our ECUs and their ability to make adjustments. It is always true that the "bad apples" seem to stand out the most, as those people are 50 times more likely to post comments or feedback than any of the satisfied customers that outnumber them. In any field. Anywhere. Ever.

I would take the few complaints with a grain of salt.

#10 ·
At the end of the day tuning is a challenging thing ... No matter who u go with ... You got to make your own mind up who to choose ... Dt have had a great deal of negative recently ... Imo one or two of those items were fair but the rest was not on the mark at all and basically what has happened now is that there is a negative reverse feedback loop going on === that's how it works on forums and social media ....

This is not a mature or easy tuning platform from an enthusiast perspective and it a little like Cowboys and Indians in the forums tbo .... Hard to tell what true and what not ... And only one or two vendors ... + the software available to you directly is limited === it's tricky and a long road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Interesting... As i see that thread is gone and now i read not so good feedback about this DT tune makes me wondering if i even want to ask any questions further about it
I'm a DT customer. Very happy. My tunes were done fairly quickly, of course I'm very patient and wasn't banging emails down their throats either so. If you have a bag experience I'd guess you might have been unreasonable. If you want instant horsepower add a sticker to your ride and get 5 more HP!

#15 ·
That's the thing ... Patience and persistence

I'm not a dt customer but dt have advised me on a few things as I've progressed my build and their support and knowledge has been invaluable. On one or two occasions a life saver ... Dt Always came thru for me .... Maybe not as fast as Id like but always came thru

That said it ain't a spoon feeding service lol ...And that's a good thing imo .... Because this type of street tune is freaking tricky ( trust me )

If your willing to have the car tuned potentially with a very bad result ( sometimes it happens ) you should take the time to understand what is going on .... Take ownership ... And learn some of the basics ======== how to read a log and watch for important stuff like knock and and trims and how to flash ... It's super important, not hard and the only person who can really keep an eye on things, lock stock and two smoking barrels , is the owner

Ps rodslinger had a really nice build ( I miss it ) ... Knows what he is doing and exercised a great deal of patience and it did not pan out as it should ... ==== there is good and there is the bad

#16 ·
There's always going to be satisfied and unsatisfied customers with any business, big or small.

However, when you say 99.5% satisfaction, you should back it up with factual evidence other than just saying it's true then calling out someone who stated that it may not be true.

Not hating, don't know your company from the inside out or anything but things like that can make a business better.

#17 ·
Enthusiasts tend to gravitate to cars that are far easier to tune than regular mz3s. It's very possible people with close to no general knowledge, who don't understand what's happening go off on Dynotronics. I haven't read any of the threads where people bitch, but just stating that as a possibility.

#18 ·
Personally, that is a pet peeve of mine.

If you have an issue with an established company, deal with the company. And if that gets you nowhere, go UP. Don't come to a forum where nothing can be done about it and paint your story. Chances are, you had a situation that was unique, and as much as it sucks, you may not be right or entitled to much of anything, if anything at all. And now you're simply being a jackass by running (not even to the TEACHER!) and spouting off to the rest of us about how unfair it was. Honestly, just typing that reminds me of a recent thread about how Mazda didn't honor a warranty that was expired, and HOW DARE THEY. Yea, well, it was expired. Here's a quarter...

This isn't a "company review" website. It's a place where we can all help each other for a common passion. If you had problems with a company, wait until AFTER it is resolved to post UNBIASED, factual results. Nobody here is in any position better than you to fix your problem - a problem that may, in fact, be your own negligent/ignorant fault.... or even unresolvable. Or maybe it was a simple misunderstanding, and shit happens. If it was truly a horrid act by the company in question, there are avenues for that. BBB, lawyers, plenty of options if it is TRULY an issue. With the internet today, you can easily burn a bad company to the ground. Either way, desecrating the name of a company that has astounding results and more often than not, astounding reviews and happy customers, labels you as a crybaby, and also sets a prejudice against the company for people that very well may otherwise be EXTREMELY HAPPY with the results with no correlation to your series of unfortunate events, and change their minds to do business because you're miffed and fuming. And on top of that, no person, entity, or company wants to cordially cooperate with someone that is so quick to pitch a fit, so I suggest you take a deep breath the moment something happens that you don't like.

All I'm saying is, at the end of the day words can't be taken back. What's done is done, and what's said is said. Nobody likes to admit that they were mistaken. But sometimes you gotta suck it up, buttercup... Kiss your bicep. Be a grown up today.

/end soapbox

#19 ·
Agreed ~ I also get pissed off when one vendor goes after another using individual enthusiasts as shields ..... As has recently happened on other forums .... Dt being the target ( not saying dt are complete saints lol ) ....

Hell I've been trying to talk to aTP for 3 weeks and they won't take tech calls and they don't respond to email ! Actually they did once but that was after a call I made to their number and the nice lady passed a note on ... I guess what I'm saying is when u pop the hood and start messing around its big boy pants time ... No moaning just do it and be happy and expect failure and be surprised by success ! Which will be all yours ....

Ps I still like atp .... Hahaha they do nice stuff and deliver what they promise .... Just the freaking plastic barbs on their ms3 intake keep leaking on me and I can't figure out how to fix it !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.