Diamond Audio Components
MB Quart 400.4
Alpine MRP-500
Kicker L5
Eagle Eye Projectors
Red Tint tails
Gloss Black Window Pillars
PTM Grill/Fog Surrounds

Oh, and a Godspeed Manifold found its way to my house today.

See less See more
#3 ·
Too bad we get a non VCT 2.0. It's been, well not much fun yet. We've ran into a few issues. My car has proved to be to be difficult to tune with an aftermarket intake. So far with the bolt ons I've gained two tenths in the quarter but just over 7mph in the trap. Making more power somewhere. Godspeed manifold will be going on in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Sadly it's the only reliable Duratec car.

Nitrous is extremely common for forced induction Duratec builds all across the world. Who wants to pay 5k for a turbo kit?

Makes me want to nos the 3.

I really need a Tim the Tool Man GIF for MORE POWER! haha

Also, did you relocate the fuse box for your intake or is that just where it sits?
It's fairly easy to run.

Fuse box is in stock location, there's a few differences between the two. For one I don't have a battery cover or scoop compared to a 3.

#8 ·
It was just an awkward phase they went through; I assume a transition with head designer? The cars started to look really good after that one, and do currently.

I've honestly only seen one NOS duratec; guy I met from this forum at a big multi-state meet, had a turbo setup on a sedan with nitrous as well. Plenty of people have talked about it, hardly anyone does it.
Of course though I'm referring to the 3 side of things; I think it's far more common for the Focus guys to do it.

#12 ·
It may be more of a focus thing. There's 3 of us in my town with spraying foci. One runs 12s with bolt ons, stage 2 cams, and a 75 shot, ran a 12.2. The design was to hold them over from the global focus (current design). The second gen focus was the last American made focus. The new focus is a hunk of shit. Rides weird, creeks, rattles, fucking awful. It really is. That's why I drive a second gen, went to the dealer to buy the newest one and left with a used one.

Where did you tap into the fuel rail?
Used a C-F-M fuel rail adapter. (Central Florida motorsports)

Is it dry and wet shot? It's obvious to see the split that goes into the CAI, and the other line that appears to go into the fuel rail after the splitter block.
Wet shot, my new set up will be nicer that picture is from when I was running a nos sniper kit. I know run nitrous express with a controller.

A picture from the front of the engine would help haha

Don't have one with the old set up. I'll get one with the next.

#14 ·
I am not really a fan of any Focus besides my gen. Most are not very reliable, the new ones are just flat out bad. We drove one for weeks as a rental and hated every second of it.

In other news, bought a SCT X4 tonight, getting datalogging services done by a vendor.

#19 ·

What's not to love about a new intake manifold?

Also working on a new tune, shift points set to 7300, and a few other goodies. Suspension got some love with new endlinks, new poly bushings, front, rear and lower strut braces, upgraded brake pads to ebc green stuff, some weight taken out and new wheels.

#23 · (Edited)
09 Focus Function>Form Build

That was 8400$ in damage. You along with many other people has said it would be easy hardly know what actually wrong with the car. The entire front end needs replaced, every fender, bumper, grills and hood. Both front frame rails need replaced, front bumper frame, radiator, fan, 2/3 motor mounts, the impact even broke where the passenger motor mount connects with motor block. Not to mention the wheel, tire, lower control arm. The car was totaled by insurance. I never thought it would be that bad honestly. I was hit by a car doing around 50 probably, the car slammed into me trying to merge over.

On the bright side, major upgrade. Not driving an auto is nice too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.