Mazda3 Forums banner

New Eonon GA5163 Android Car DVD for Mazda 3 2010-2012 Now Released!

148K views 460 replies 43 participants last post by  EononCarDVD 
#1 ·
Hi guys, Merry Christmas soon! Many of you have asked me if there’s an Android head unit for Mazda 3 2010-2012, a great news to tell you that our new Eonon Android OS GA5163 Car DVD Player was released today! :smile: It's a remarkable unit with many awesome new features. :coolio: Here I would like briefly introduce to you, just hope it will help you know our unit better and the unit can meet your demand!

Main features of GA5163:
-Fit 2010-2012 Mazda 3
-Android 4.2.2 OS
-Capacitive Touch Screen
-Support Wifi & 3G Connection

-Support Screen Mirroring
-8 Dynamic Background Pictures
-Fully DIY Buttons Colors
-Support Bluetooth Contact Search Function
-External MIC Support
-Steering Wheel Control Function

More details you can check check: http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/GA5163.html

If you have any question toward this unit, or would like to join the future Group Buy, just feel free to let me know, thanks a lot! :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi btc3111, thanks for your interest! Yes we will start group buy for you soon once enough 10 guys would like to join! Welcome to ask more friends to come! :smile: Thanks a lot!

And if you want to get the unit asap to enjoy the wonderful features and amazing entertainment, you can just order from our website directly. Now it's under big After-Christmas sale, you can get a 3G USB dongle & rear camera for free with the unit, which can't be obtained from group buy. And only 1 day left for this deal! Welcome to buy! :winker: http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/GA5163.html

#6 ·
Hi taebryson, I've checked with our tech, glad to tell you the phone button on the steering wheel control can work normally. Cheers! :smile:

Would you like to join the group buy?

I sooo want to pull the trigger on this but want to see a real world video of it first. I'm just getting used to the GM5163 with all the little fixes it brought coming from the D5163....
Hi pankey, thanks for your interest! You can check the review video for our 2 din Android unit G2110 from our fan here:

He likes our unit a lot. The GA5163 has similar function with G2110 since they use the same product program. So it should be useful for you. :wink: Welcome to upgrade your unit to new GA5163, thanks!

#9 ·
Hi guys, here is the possible group buy list till Jan. 2, 2015::winker:
1. btc3111
2. pankey
3. azzman372

If 7 more guys would like to join, the GB will be activated soon, and you'll get the awesome unit and save tons! Welcome to join and ask more of your friends to come! Thanks a lot! :smile:

#12 ·
I might be interested. What would be the GB price if we get the GB up and running?

Thanks,
Hi azzman372 & mokflurry, I will apply for a good group buy price for your guys. Will update you once our manager has calculated it, thanks a lot! :winker:

#17 ·
Hi tripledinky, thanks for your interest!
I’ve checked with our tech, our GA5163 is not compatible with bose, there’s no adapter for that.

The bluetooth of your car won’t work any more, but you can totally use the bluetooth of our unit, very convenient to use! :wink:

Yes the stock LCD display will show.

Currently there’s no video for GA5163 yet, will update you once it’s available. Thanks!

Welcome to join the GA5163 group buy if you like! :smile:

#18 ·
is the android and it's driver's on these device opensource license?
is there a way to reflash the device with a custom rom?
might be a good marketing strategy if people gets more options than just the standard roms.

i'm looking for a carputer but this device might be an option depending on what I can do with it.

#19 ·
Hi m1ndh4ck, thanks for your advice, but the factory doesn't open the sources of the head unit, and it's rarely for car audio makers to do this, hope you can understand, thanks!

But the unit is with many flexible features itself like wifi/3G support to let you download any APP or map, 8 Dynamic Background Pictures, etc. You'll also like it! Cheers! :smile:

#20 ·
are we able to install apps that are not in google play?
can an app access the CAN-bus?

when you guys had the chirstmas sale. it came with a usb 3g dongle.
what are the dongles I can buy for this unit since it no longer comes with it and I don't see it anywhere on the website.
is the dongle compatible with AT&T bands for 3g. can i buy a LTE/3g usb dongle from att and work on the device?

#24 ·
Hi m1ndh4ck, sure you can either install app not in google play store, or download from internet.

Now buy our GA5163 from our official website, you can get a free camera, which is also a great offer! http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/GA5163.html
Or you can join our future group buy and save a lot!

About the 3G dongle, we will release it in the next few days. Please keep a close eye on our, you can follow our facebook page here to know the latest news: https://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official Cheers! :alaugh:

What happens with the bose system? Just no sound or any big problems?

What will the unit cost? And when will it be send?
Hi tripledinky, our tech has checked with the factory again, the latest news is our unit can support the original bose syetem in your car. If there's no sound, you can connect the AMP to the ACC to make it work.
But actually we haven't tested in that way, you can have a try if you like, thanks a lot!

I'm hoping it will be the same thing with the non android gm5163 version where you just need to splice the outputs to the speakers to the rca output and not from the normal speaker outs

I hope someone can help clear things up as I think the gm wasn't bose compatible too but many mazdaspeeds/mps with stock bose units are able to run them still
I already got a pn from a user who does that and ot works fine with bose.
Hi tripledinky, thanks for sharing your info. Could you please kindly share the method that member does successfully? It will benefit many guys here and they will appreciate you a lot! Thanks a lot! :smile:

#22 ·
I'm hoping it will be the same thing with the non android gm5163 version where you just need to splice the outputs to the speakers to the rca output and not from the normal speaker outs

I hope someone can help clear things up as I think the gm wasn't bose compatible too but many mazdaspeeds/mps with stock bose units are able to run them still

#28 ·
I might be interested in the Group By although still have some questions and also looking at other stereos.

Questions:
  1. Can someone confirm 100% it will work with a 2010 MPS with BOSE + Sat Nav and what will and won't work after, e.g. the car's BT, Sat Nav, SWC, etc.
  2. Can you add a DAB tuner - I'm guessing if not it might be possible to add a DVB-T which works on Android
  3. Does RDS work
  4. UK Group By price
  5. If ordering via Group By for UK people will it be shipped via your UK warehouse and avoid tax or will we have to pay tax

#30 ·
Intrested

I'm also very interested in #1. I understand that you can splice RCA connections onto the stock speaker connections provide low level input to the Bose AMP, but I'd rather not have to if it can be done with adapters or other connections. Additionally, I want to know what on the dash may be dead after installing this. I've seen that the radio display will continue to work, but what about the multi-function LCD used for other things like MPG and the stock NAV(not that I'd use that portion). I just want to make sure it's not going to be blank.

#29 ·
I'm cautiously interested.

From owners of past android units, is it worth getting when you use an iPhone that can't do hotspots? I guess I would only be able to use the native OS for offline apps, or mirroring my iphone screen.

What has me interested is the OEM look and are Eonon's easier to install?

#36 ·
I was just about to pull the trigger on this when I noticed that the product page does not show the car-side adapter cable for aux-in with "accessories", as it does on the product page for the GM5163. Can anyone tell me if this cable is included with the GA5163?

I'm also curious about the GPS card slot. Does this have a dedicated GPS app that can run off of the data on a GPS micro-sd card? If not, then how is the GPS card slot managed?

Thanks!

#40 ·
Hi crosscountrydan, I’ve confirmed with our tech, there’s no adapter cable for aux-in for GA5163 currently. But thanks for your advice, we may add it in our future products.

About the GPS map, you ca use it in several ways flexibly as follows:
1.Offline Maps -- You can download a map online, install it, and use it easily even without network.
2.Access Free Online Maps via WiFi or 3G net work, such as Google Map.
3.Buy an Android version map with a SD card, such as MapKing, insert it into GPS SD slot of the Android unit, set the navigation path and then run GPS as general GPS models do.
4.Use Screen Mirroring function, you can Sync the Map of your Phone to show on Android Car Stereo for larger display directly.

Very flexible and convenient right? :smile: Welcome to join our group buy!

Does the d5163z have android then?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi spbobpilot, the GA5163 is just the android version. But the can bus protocol of D5163/GM5163 and GA5163 are different, hope you can understand, thanks!

#42 ·
I purchased the new GA5163 off ebay thru make offer. I saved like $70 from Eonon's web site sale price. I upgraded from an older Eonon model which had lots of bugs, this new unit is very nice and extremely fast on screen response compared to the older unit. I use Google maps gps and it works fine. Only problem I found so far is I can't install Waze app because I get the message the apps not compatible with this version of android. Maybe because its android 4.2.2? I also have a bose system and the stereo works and sounds great.

#45 ·
Hi guys, many thanks for your support to Eonon, now already 9 guys have interest in joining the group buy, here is the GB list until now::wink:

1. btc3111
2. pankey
3. azzman372
4. btbowen1
5. Turboless
6. Ridilla
7. mytire
8. Crosscountrydan
9. borgador17

So only 1 more people is needed, then the group buy will be activated soon! Welcome to join and ask more friends to come. You'll enjoy this awesome new Android unit and also save a lot! :smile: Cheers!

#54 ·
Hi btbowen, I’ve asked our tech, usually out unit an work with the bose which is not the fiber optics. Glad to hear now your waze APP works normally now! :smile: Welcome to share with us your nice installation pics or video then, many other guys here would appreciate you a lot! Many thanks!

Considering this is working with the bose systems without any splices (I'm not looking to mess with any factory wiring) I definitely want this unit, decision now is go with the group buy or go with the free backup camera deal which is only $30 for a free $50 item.

My question to Eonon is do you guys know anything about installing the A0119 High Definition Wide Angle Waterproof Color on a Mazda 3 hatch? Where exactly does the camera go? Is drilling into the bumper required at all?
Hi Ridilla, thanks for joining our group buy! And we also have the group buy for the camera too! Only costs you 25USD for the GB! Very affordable! Help you save even more! :wink:

Welcome to order the camera together with our unit then! I’ll post the group buy thread on the group buy section later, please stay tuned, thanks!

Here is how to connect the camera to GA5163: Connect the VIDEO OUT of camera to BACK SIGHT VIDEO Input GA5163, connect the power cable of camera to the power of reversing light of your car. Very easy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.