Mazda3 Forums banner

2012 Ford Focus Sedan and hunkback

64K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  nightridermz3 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Pretty sharp, I saw them on the TV news last night. With the Ford Fiesta (aka Mazda 2) coming over they can afford to go a little upmarket with the Focus. From what they said it's the same Focus as the European one this time around.

#3 ·
Be nice to see us get the euro Focus RS too...

TIM

#4 ·
[quote author=Tim25 link=topic=164815.msg3493947#msg3493947 date=1263302443]
Be nice to see us get the euro Focus RS too...
[/quote]

we have been saying that for a few years now......... but i would take this as a substitute no doubt... especially cause i'm more of a Sedan guy anyway (obviously)

#5 ·
Well if we're getting the regular euro spec Focus, then it would make a lot more sense for them to bring the RS over too.

Right now the RS doesn't share any parts with the current car, so it wouldn't make sense to go through all the steps required to legally sell the thing here.

TIM

#9 ·
Am I the only one here who thinks that this is kinda what the 3 should have looked like instead of the way it is now?

#10 ·
Well they share the same platform...

TIM

#11 ·
[quote author=fatalexception04 link=topic=164815.msg3495119#msg3495119 date=1263354785]
Am I the only one here who thinks that this is kinda what the 3 should have looked like instead of the way it is now?
[/quote]
Nope. I like the looks of this Focus as well.
C&D listed the engine as a new 2.0L Direct Injection model. I hope Mazda updates the 3 with a similar engine.

#12 ·
[quote author=fatalexception04 link=topic=164815.msg3495119#msg3495119 date=1263354785]
[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY!!!.... i mean i agree with you. This front with that interior and the current three's rear would have been heaven.

#13 ·
Yeah I'm still not fully acclimated to the new styling of the 3 especially the front end. Its nice to see they made a car that looks semi-aggressive/sporty without making it smile. But to each his own I guess

#15 ·
I really like the new Focus. The new mytouch system will available as well, which looks like a promising interface. Hopefully they make an RS/ST version for the US, I pray they don't call it SVT, the last SVT Focus sprints to 60 in around the same time as the 2.3l/2.5l MZ3. At this point, I'd rather buy a Focus RS than the MS3, but I doubt they'll have one available until 2013/14, I just cant wait that long. It's been just over 3 years with my MZ3 and I'm starting to get the itch for a new car.

#16 ·
I just got back from Mexico - they've had the Euro Focus there for a few years. Not fair!

TIM

#18 ·
[quote author=MrBlonde link=topic=164815.msg3495398#msg3495398 date=1263370928]
[/quote]
Nope. I like the looks of this Focus as well.
C&D listed the engine as a new 2.0L Direct Injection model. I hope Mazda updates the 3 with a similar engine.
[/quote]

150hp, 6-speed and close to 40mpg - very interested in these motors

#21 ·
I contacted Ford about the Focus ST.

Directly from their PR -

...The highly anticipated Focus ST; the new high-performance five-door Focus model, is being developed for all global markets and is on schedule to launch during 2012.
At this time we do not have a specific date that the online configuration to will go live nor do we have specific information in regards to the recommended type/grade of fuel.
Basically they told me nothing I didn't already know.

#24 ·
So I just wanna say I saw this on the road the other night and it looks much better in person than in the pics. It was the 2.0 Titanium Hatchback in white. Not gonna lie, it looked sexy as hell. Still not a fan of the tailights though + I honestly think the MZ3 hatch still looks better. For whatever that's worth coming from a MZ3 owner. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.