Mazda3 Forums banner

Mazda3 5-door / Sedan & Speed3 “Blacked out” vinyl reflector overlays

194K views 618 replies 159 participants last post by  SOUTHERNSURFER 
#1 · (Edited)
Blacked out

Vinyl reflector overlays

• Side and Rear reflector vinyl overlays (4 piece kit)
OR

• Side and Rear reflector vinyl overlays with 3rd Brake light ** Sedan's Only ** (5 piece kit)

"Order now" and receive this kit shipped to your door for
$15 (4 piece kit) $19 (5 piece kit)

This is a very unique product in that it’s affordable, Looks great and does not damage your OEM or aftermarket reflectors. This product sticks onto your side and rear reflectors without adhesive. Giving you the look of expensive replacement lenses at a fraction of the cost. Two-Three-Four years down the road from now if you decide to sell your 3, you can just peel them off with out any damage.

I was looking for a way to “Black Out” my reflectors. That didn’t require hours of preparation and costly materials, causing my reflectors to become permanently altered. In the event that it wasn’t the look that I wanted and low and behold I ran across this product. Which suited my needs perfectly and I believe it will do the same for you.

Each one of these overlay kits have been hand fabricated, So there may be a small amount of deviation from set to set.

I have recently sourced the Original vinyl material used to make these overlays once again ~ Let me know via a Post in this thread or a PM if there is an interest.

Enjoy those 3's they a FUN ride!

Before:

After:

"Cl45music"

Very Very Happy with these! Great Product!
"krazyk86cu"

If theres a pic of my CRKT in this thread, I guess that means theres a pic of my 3 with southernsurfers vinyl's in the weapon thread hahahhaha
(see page 8 for details)​

"Phantom3"

Mine came out great I love em!!!

"kevynnnn"

Another happy customer :)

"PJ 3i07"

Just got them installed a couple minutes ago. They look real good.

Thanks for the good service, and Fast shipment. They fit perfect and were easy to install.

"StealthSpeed3"

Got them today, and installed them 10 min ago. They look great and add more style/personality to Stealth...

Thanks again, i will let you know how they hold up through the winter months!

"bsapoznik"

I think you have a happy costumer :lol:
Thank you southernsurfer!

Pic taken w/Flash

"WhenInTEXAS"

Aaaah! They look so good!

Thanks dude! Super pleased!

"xxguitarist"

Yep, looking good!

We had some BAD weather today- heavy rains, strong winds, some hail, seem to have stayed stuck nicely!

If you have any questions Please feel free to ask
Thank you for your interest​

for Off road use only

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: Mazda3 5-door / Sedan & MS3 “Black out” vinyl reflector overlays

"How to install your vinyl reflector overlays"

Step 1) Your going to need to clean your reflectors with a NON-ammonia based cleaner, I use a spray foam glass cleaner.

Step 2) Clean the reflectors well, this is an important step. As any debris left behind will show thru the vinyl. Make sure you clean & dry the reflector and all along the recessed edge.

Step 3) Take a damp paper towel and place the vinyl overlay between it while gently pulling it thru. This should remove any debris that may be on the vinyl and the residual moisture left behind will help in the adhesion process.

Step 4) Apply the vinyl overlay to the reflector and position properly, Then from the center outward apply lite pressure and "rub" out any air bubbles. Just like applying tint or a sticker ** a small squeegee makes things IDEAL here **

There may be a few air bubbles(or none if your lucky) but if there are some small ones, give it a day or two in the Sun and they should disappear.

If they do not, remove and repeat the process~

#3 ·
Re: Mazda3 5-door / Sedan & MS3 “Black out” Reflector vinyl overlays

How much for just the two on the back? I already spray tinted the side ones and put some cheap tint on the ones on the back but it looks bad.

#6 ·

i didnt use any soap actually. its just like regular vinyls for application. u dont have to worry about it running out of stickyness when ur applying. if you do it dry then u can take it off and put it on over and over. or u can do the soapy water method and be able to slide it around into position. then just squeegee the soap out when u get it where u want. just make sure u get any sand or grit out or ull have little bumps.

#10 ·

[quote author=bsapoznik link=topic=119729.msg2526271#msg2526271 date=1218171400]
I want some... how black are they? I have a Black Mica... how they will match my color?
[/quote]

There equivalent to 5% or Limo tints, There DARK

#15 ·

[quote author=Genesis212 link=topic=119729.msg2526865#msg2526865 date=1218204268]
these will fit a 08 ms3 right?
[/quote]

Yes. they'll fit

[quote author=TrevDaddy link=topic=119729.msg2526964#msg2526964 date=1218206514]
I would like to order these please, send me the info I need to order some.
[/quote]

PM'd

#16 ·

15 shipped correct?

I'm contemplating purchasing some.

#20 ·

^ Thanks Andrew :)

[quote author=Glueeater link=topic=119729.msg2528130#msg2528130 date=1218232785]
15 shipped correct?

I'm contemplating purchasing some.
[/quote]
Correct

[quote author=coondogg link=topic=119729.msg2528520#msg2528520 date=1218246737]
I'd be interested in charcoal with a 3rd brake light...
[/quote]
This may soon be an option

[quote author=bsapoznik link=topic=119729.msg2528905#msg2528905 date=1218259897]
Sent Payment... waiting for answer! :)
[/quote]

PM'd

#23 ·
Re: Mazda3 5-door / Sedan & MS3 “Blacked out” Reflector vinyl overlays

Oh man, when the 3rd brake light option becomes available please do post. (A PM would be nice =) )

I'll purchase this definitely when the option arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.