Mazda3 Forums banner

Sedan Or Hatch?

Sedan Or Hatch?

111K views 414 replies 243 participants last post by  Cameron_3 
#1 ·
Since we have seen many pictures now, which one do you prefer?

#9 ·
Hatch, hatch & more hatch. Or better yet, for us living in Canada, SPORT, SPORT & more SPORT.

Preferably and more likely, since I have already put a down payment on one, in Titanium Gray.

It looks soo wickedly aggressive; and to boot very practical.

Even though I find the Sedan extremely elegant, there is something that seems to bug me about the trunk. Maybe it's just me.

Absinthe,

Re...
[
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Very well said, or written.

And regarding what Advan wrote....

Many of magazine said Seden is more beauty than Hatchback
that's not necesserely the truth. Many of the magazines I have read, seemed to prefer the aggressive "stance" of the HB (SPORT). Especially the automobile magazines from Europe & Asia.

Absinthe,

Have you seen the car yet? What have the Salesman been telling you at Siganture Mazda?

Defy

#10 ·
Defy said:
Even though I find the Sedan extremely elegant, there is something that seems to bug me about the trunk. Maybe it's just me.
I think so too. Something bugs me about the trunk and the rear lights. They dun shape right.... :?

Defy said:
Have you seen the car yet? What have the Salesman been telling you at Siganture Mazda?

Defy
Haven't seen the car yet. But the cars are already here in Vancouver port. He said some of the cars are actually painted here. So I guess that's what they're doing right now.
12 cars would be at the dealer end of this month for the first release. 6 sedans, 6 hb's. All A/T.
Second release would be mid-December. Third release is January, and so on. He said the major release would be February.

Hmm...what else...? Ohh, they started taking orders, so better hurry. :)

#16 ·
csweeney said:
How is it more practical?
It's all about space to carry things arround... you should see the bunch of different configurations in which you can organize the cargo area on the HB.

Alltho I must admit that it is not as drastic a difference as I initially thought, the trunk on the sedan is quite deceiving, it's actually pretty deep, but it'll still be tough to put big stuff in there since the opening of the trunk is so small.

#17 ·
sedan for me, the hb looks like the station wagon from Ghostbusters. The sedan, is sleeker, and sexier and looks better in tits grey. Plus, it kind of resembles a cross bewtween an Audi and a TSX.

#18 ·
neomonkey said:
sedan for me, the hb looks like the station wagon from Ghostbusters. The sedan, is sleeker, and sexier and looks better in tits grey. Plus, it kind of resembles a cross bewtween an Audi and a TSX.
I initially thought the same about the HB looking like a soccer mom station wagon, but in person it's nothing like that (that's the 6 wagon) it looks really sporty, it's small enough to not give that station wagon look... it's not long enough for it.

I looks closer (in terms of size) to a VW Golf than say a Pontiac Vibe.

#19 ·
hatch all the way................................. There is too much of the same topic post here....................................

#20 ·
Butters said:
csweeney said:
How is it more practical?
It's all about space to carry things arround... you should see the bunch of different configurations in which you can organize the cargo area on the HB.

Alltho I must admit that it is not as drastic a difference as I initially thought, the trunk on the sedan is quite deceiving, it's actually pretty deep, but it'll still be tough to put big stuff in there since the opening of the trunk is so small.
Ah, just wanted to know how it was more practical for ya'. I like the HB 6, but it wasn't out yet when I bought my 6, so, oh well. 8)

#22 ·
Bombadil said:
neomonkey said:
closer (in terms of size) to a VW Golf than say a Pontiac Vibe.
That's an interesting statement about the styling. Because not only is the 3 Hatch a full foot longer than a Golf, but it is 5" longer than the Vibe.
It might be longer... but it's not as bulky y'know? .... I didn't pull out a mesuring stick, but to me at least, it looked smaller, it's not as boxy as the Vibe... besides, the dealer I went to is a Mazda/Pontiac dealer, so I saw the Vibes right there..

#23 ·
It definitely isn't as boxy. The Vibe/Matrix is considered to be a wagon, not a hatchback. But it is interesting that due to the styling, you perceived the 3 to be smaller. I've had the same experience with other vehicles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.