Mazda3 Forums banner

WiFi/Weather/Traffic (2014)

25K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  s.carder 
#1 ·
Am I the only one that is confused on what the WiFi is for? So the car must be connected once a day to download weather and traffic? Where can you even see the weather on the navi?

I live in an apartment and can't connect to my home wifi from my car -- I'm just curious as to why they can't go through your phone's data like Pandora.

#6 ·
I've only been able to get my Mazda to connect to a wireless access point maybe 3 times (another infotainment bug I'm sure.) However, when it has been connected, I have been able to download weather, fuel, and traffic info without a problem. I haven't been able to verify the functionality of the navigation rerouting you based on current traffic though.

Next time I'm out and about I'll try to get it to connect and take pictures.

#8 ·
Ok, got my car to connect to wifi over the weekend and took lots of pictures of Traffic, Weather, and Fuel information.
Just uploaded them to DropBox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i2vdbucago6e0lz/3M0Uci3np7/Mazda

Mazda is seriously overzealous with disabling functionality in these areas while the car is in motion though (Hence why you guys are probably seeing grayed out options.)

Here's a breakdown of what works and what doesn't while the car is in motion:
Gas Prices: Partially works (Can't remember off the top of my head what is disabled)
Weather: Doesn't work at all
Traffic: Doesn't work at all

#9 ·
Ok, got my car to connect to wifi over the weekend and took lots of pictures of Traffic, Weather, and Fuel information.
Just uploaded them to DropBox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i2vdbucago6e0lz/3M0Uci3np7/Mazda

Mazda is seriously overzealous with disabling functionality in these areas while the car is in motion though (Hence why you guys are probably seeing grayed out options.)

Here's a breakdown of what works and what doesn't while the car is in motion:
Gas Prices: Partially works (Can't remember off the top of my head what is disabled)
Weather: Doesn't work at all
Traffic: Doesn't work at all
nice! thanks for the update and pics. will try to do this too soon

#17 ·
The car comes with a time limited trial of connected services. It's something like 60 day's or so. Once that expires you need to subscribe via the Mazda (or) Navi toolbox PC software after creating an account (maybe with your VIN, it was a while ago and I can't remember exactly).

However, the subscriptions are apparently only open in Europe and other markets, but NOT the USA, so any Americans won't be able to get the connected services as advertised by mazda.

The reason for this is apparently Mazda are in talks with providers so change the way the service is delivered to XM radio or Satellite instead of via your smartphone hotspot.

#18 ·
Any news on the status of these connected services? Live traffic & local search would be particularly useful for me.

I have v29 with wifi, but have trouble maintaining a stable connection in my garage. Is it something that needs to remain connected to work or does the data download for use throughout the day? If the former, seems like getting it through cell signal, xm, or hd radio would be much more convenient.

=======
Peter R.
2014 Mazda3 sGT (3/2014) | Meteor Gray
System Software v29 | Gracenote v.02 (4/2014) | iPhone 5s

#19 ·
I just "chatted" with Mazda customer help. She said " Katrina: The Live traffic and weather are part of Connective Services. The Connected Services feature was only available during the trial period and unfortunately is not offered as a paid subscription at this time. Should this change, further information would be made available at www.mazdahandsfree.com"

So I guess that's that.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.