Mazda3 Forums banner

Question regarding grounding footwell to Dome Lights to get fade out effect...

9K views 44 replies 6 participants last post by  eljean 
#1 ·
Hey, so I recently installed some LED footwells on my 2008 GT hatch and although it works great it doesn't do what I want it to do.

Basically this is what I did, I wired it to the Illumination Fuse in the passenger side fuse section so that when I turn on the lights the footwells would turn on. I then wired the negative to the Negative wire of the Dome lights which is also found in the fuse box (black/blue wire) but I don't get any effect when opening or closing the door...

I've researched (googled, youtube etc) and everything I read and watch tells me I can connect it to the negative of the dome lights and the footwell would respond like the dome lights do when I open a door. Even the How-To-Video of the manufacture of the footwells I bought mention that.

So in short my question is, what did I do wrong?

Oh, also when I unlock/lock the door with the remote the footwells seem to respond just like the Parking Lights do (you know 'On-Off') which I found strange...

#45 ·
Yeah sure.
For NC: I tapped into dome negative
NO: Tapped into the glove box negative
Common : is the LEDs negative wire
And for the coils : for positive I used a fuse tap into the Illumination Fuse (in the fuse under the glove box) and
For negative : orange wire (I think that was the color) it was to the right of the dome negative (this is a negative for the parking lights).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.