Mazda3 Forums banner

New functional shark fin

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  TheTodd2.3 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It is half the price, but it doesn't look as nice and there isn't any information about what makes if functional.... which means that it probably is not as good.

I have never seen anyone with this, so I doubt you get feedback from anyone on here - so are you willing to take the risk to potentially save $40?

#6 ·
Functional is a relative term.

VG sharkfin antenna looks like this:

They put some thought into how to create the antenna in order to actually make if functional (they say it is better than aftermarket stubby antennas). I suppose you could do the same kinda thing with whatever you buy as well, but I'm guessing the antenna that is currently in that ebay one isn't well though out. Probably just a piece of wire.

#4 ·
i bought that exact one in black. I set it on my roof and decided I'm going to wait until i black out my roof before sticking it on. I want the antenna to blend in lol. But yeah, its easy to install. I didn't test it unfortunately before i put it in the closet for the winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.