Mazda3 Forums banner

Wife is going to let me spend some money

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  theblooms 
#1 ·
I had originally planned on just installing a new HU and a sub/ amp in the future. After debating and deciding the car is going to be apart might as well do it all. First of all, I have the factory installed Bose in a 2011 3 Hatchback. I want a nice upgrade, but buy no means am I going to go into a sound competition. Plan removing all Bose stuff and installing 4 channel amp under passenger seat and mono under the drivers seat. I'd like to use the speaker wiring from the Bose harness for the new door speakers. I will run new power and ground wires, will reuse remote wire. I won't be reusing the center channel or two rear pillar speakers. I'd like to stay components up front and will buy new blank sail panels if new one's won't fit in existing panels. Don't really have a price ceiling, but I don't want to go crazy. I do want sound significantly better than stock. I see varying reports of speakers sizes so if it's not direct fit, please recommend adapters. Not particularly brand specificing, just want clarity and nice tight bass, not booming. I've already decided on a HU, just need all the other odds and ends.

Pioneer X5700-BHS

need :

front component speakers
rear coaxial speakers
mono amp for sub
4 channel amp for door speakers
adapter plates if necessary
sub
box for sub ( would like to retain my truck space within reason )

there are some other odds and ends I have planned and will figure out along the way ( adding usb plug to center console, sound deadening, etc. )

Really appreciated some recommendations. I will also be retaining steering wheel controls, although with the new HU, I may not use it.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The factory BOSE deck is actually really, really good. And it's a "Dead Head", too. You *have* to use an amp for it to work. All you have do do is solder some RCA cords on the "speaker" outputs. They aren't really speaker outputs, they just look like it. They're actually carry the same signal as regular RCA cords. Not swapping the head unit may save you a couple bucks that you can upgrade to even better speakers.

As far as stealth appearance goes, Audio Integrations has both an 8" and 10" box available that looks bone stock. Really, really nice stuff.

For amps and speakers, look at Mmats. They have an E600.4 and an E600.1D ($300 each) that are very high quality, and would work in your system perfectly. For speakers, a GF61CS set up front ($389), and a pair of the LS57CX coaxes ($119) in the rear. The P110D sub ($225) is very affordable and has great performance. Plus, Mmats stuff is still actually Made in America, and yes, that matters. There are only a very, very few stereo companies left that are. All those Mmats prices are MSRP, so you should be able to score them somewhat cheaper from an authorized dealer.

#3 ·
You *have* to use an amp for it to work. All you have do do is solder some RCA cords on the "speaker" outputs. They aren't really speaker outputs, they just look like it. They're actually carry the same signal as regular RCA cords. Not swapping the head unit may save you a couple bucks that you can upgrade to even better speakers.
You happen to have a diagram of the stock wiring to the amp? Im doing basically the same, already have speakers and amp, just need info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.