Mazda3 Forums banner

How to diagnose my car noises?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  azrael201 
#1 ·
I've been hearing a couple noises and I can't figure out what it definitely is. Trying to listen to videos on youtube of possible causes.

First: When turning to the left mostly or maybe even to the right I can hear creaking coming from the front left wheel. Is that basically ball joint or wheel bearing?

Second: Hearing rattling like blown shocks make but my car is not bouncing around like it did when the stock rear shocks were blown. I had since replaced those with bilstein shocks so I doubt those have failed.

I have 82,000 miles on my car. I took it to a mechanic maybe 3 months ago who told me the shocks looked fine but I think it was a cursory inspection after he had did my transmission, power steering, and brake fluid change (I hope the noise isn't from stuff he did but car did drive great right after). I'm more than happy to change my own ball joint/control arm or what not but most frustrating thing is never knowing what exactly needs to be changed.

Sidenote damn CEL came back with no codes from Autozone...sigh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.