129K views 679 replies 48 participants last post by  Six 
#1 · (Edited)
Oh hello there. Nice to meet you.

Day One

Big Event 4

Big Event 5

See less See more
#631 ·
I assume they're pretty similar since they're both from Cobb, but it depends on what tables the stock ECU has provisions for and can allow. I haven't really looked into it that much honestly. I've been learning a ton of stuff at school and don't really wanna study up on it right now in fear of crowding out all the stuff I need for my classes haha

#633 ·
Yeah, it is lol

I've learned a ton, especially about what's what, etc. I just haven't delved into the technical stuff of how all the numbers work and interact. I didn't get the advantage of having a parent/parents that were into cars, in fact they tried to stifle cars and make me focus on just school (they even made me leave my car at home my first semester at school). So I've been learning from practically zero over the last few years, hell I didn't even know if an AFR of 30 was lean or rich until probably about 2 years ago lol

When I graduate and things settle down a bit, I'll probably get back into really being a forum rat over at romraider

#637 ·
Definitely. Gotta get the thing to act right first lol

For some reason its not opening enough (or soon enough) and I'm still getting overboost. Tuner just sent me a new map with the wg duty cycle zeroed out, so hopefully that will give a reference to diagnose whats up.

#639 ·
Depends on what all he's doing for you, he's got basic OTS maps for a certain set of mods for a set price that he'll make a couple revisions for, or in individual cases he charges more according to what's going on.

Basically its a similar process to dyno tuning, but with a big wait time in the middle. You go out, drive around, make a couple pulls, and datalog the whole thing. Send him the logs, he revises your tables, repeat until satisfied.
Definitely works much better if you (as the owner/driver) have an idea of whats up so you can observe/report/fix mechanical issues (since that can't be done from off location obviously)

Mine's ending up costing around $150, which isn't bad for Subarus.

#645 ·
No worries haha
400 isn't astronomic for crank numbers on corn, especially dynojet numbers

My roommate works at an evo shop nearby, I may see how much they'd charge me for just a dyno run once my tune is done. They've got a known heartbreaker mustang dyno though, so numbers will come back low :/

#648 · (Edited)
Oh yeah, I forgot to post numbers. 255/284
Keep in mind that this is a pretty low reading dyno. They had a hellcat on it recently and it made like 534hp a couple days after it made like 700 on another local dyno.

Not sure why its so janky up top, I've got a few other expenses (school, books, etc) to take care of before trying to dive into that

#655 ·
Lined up to buy headers, different up pipe & ewg (different header flange requires matching up pipe, and it has a 44mm ewg connection), and downpipe with electronic cutout routing from a friend thats parting out sometime around early April.

So that'll be fun. Probably gonna do spark plugs, TGV deletes, and air pump delete around the same time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.