Mazda3 Forums banner

Is this worth it?

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Hunter_3 
#1 ·
http://m.ebay.com/itm/281494210365?nav=SEARCH

I have a 2004 Mazda 3 hatch in 22v and I have the access to the paint and a spray gun to paint it. Just want to know if there is a more reputable seller out there? Or if the only way to get these is to buy from some random Asian market.

#2 ·
I've seen $150 painted, so I think you can do better. But anyway, no there is probably nothing wrong with it. Besides, the companies that sell them locally for double the price have them made... guess where... china.

Probably not quite as good quality as OEM, but then again OEM costs way more, and you probably wont be able to even tell the difference.

Why pay more, when you can pay less?

#9 ·
the mounting holes were made from insert nuts lol; and they weren't even reinforced / backed by any material.
They started to give me issues after a year and a half.

Multiple times did we try injecting an epoxy based foam behind them to hold them in place, epoxied kevlar to them to help them stop spinning and not fall out or sink in.

Did everything. Nothing helped, it was flawed from design in the beginning.

only had two sections that showed some effects of cracking gel coat under the paint, but it didn't bug me much.

The clearcoat also started to yellow a fair amount by year 3 so I just gave up on it. And because a real one was for sale; was just time to let it go before I lost it on the highway lol

The top insert nuts is what was holding the screws in place; pushed in from underneath.

Poor design.
Totally wrong item to use in this instance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.