Mazda3 Forums banner

HID headlight upgrade

13K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  chrischil 
#1 ·
If anyone has upgraded/changed their HID's (S Grand Touring with adaptive lighting), I'd like to know how the replacement operation went ? I took a quick look and it seemed like a real tight squeeze with an obvious partial component removal. The yellowish stocks look out of place especially surrounded by the crystal clear LED's, and I've already installed LED's in the fogs. Technical info would be appreciated...

#2 ·
Your lamp takes a D2S bulb. If you're looking to match the LED white, you'll want Osram CBIs or Morimoto XB35 5500k. ($180 vs $50).

To change the bulbs, it might be easier to remove the headlamp assembly from the car. From there, remove the housing cap, twist the ignitor counterclockwise, and undo the pins holding in the bulb.

I'm not familiar with the 3rd gen 3s, but with the older generations, that was the process. Generally, changing HIDs is the same process.

Be careful when you change the bulbs. They're fragile and don't snap the return wire or you'll kill the bulb or start an electrical fire when you turn them on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.