Mazda3 Forums banner

aux input

6K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  oldtimer 
#1 ·
Is this all I need to add an auxiliary input to my factory Bose system in my 2005 SP23 Mazda 3 sedan w/nav? My factory head unit has the SAT and TAPE/MD buttons, no MEDIA button?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151164456087?lpid=82

Thank You,
Ryan

#4 ·
Does your factory deck have a tape deck in it? If it does, adding an aux in is not hard at all, though you will lose use of said tape player. Just find the tape head and remove the wires connecting it to the radio. Next, solder a 1/8th inch jack to those wires you just cut. Done and done. Of course, you'll have to stick a tape in it to activate that input.

#11 ·
It's a little pricier (and not updated in my audio input thread..... mea culpa) but the grom bluetooth module is well worth looking at. I just installed one in my brother's car and it worked really really well. I'll probably end up installing one in my car as well since the case on my phone makes it more annoying to plug the phone into the aux mod, and now that my other two cars have BT audio for streaming and phone calls it feels distinctly lacking in the 3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.