Mazda3 Forums banner

New Miata vs. the new 707HP Challenger

18K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Whysoserious11311 
#1 ·
Which excites you more? a 707 Dodge Challenger or the new 2016 Mazda Miata?

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/2016...dge-hellcat-challenger-which-excites-you-more

2016 Miata Is More Exciting Than Dodge Hellcat
Making the case that the Miata is much more exciting than the Dodge Challenger Hellcat is easy for me. Here’s why. My neighbor will never own a Hellcat. I will never see one anywhere except maybe at a car show. Maybe. The Hellcat is also the coolest muscle car ever – right up until the second that Ford or GM make one with 708 horsepower. Then it is just another awesome muscle car. And there are so many

#2 ·
Personally, I'd take a Miata. You're either a Miata guy, and I am, or you're not. If you're not, you'll never understand, and if you are I don't have to explain it to you.

The Dodge Hellcat may be exciting, but I'll never connect with it like I do a Miata.

#4 ·
See what I mean; obviously not a Miata guy. Have fun with your Dodge.

#10 ·
That article is terrible IMO.

It doesn't make sense to compare a 700HP 4200 lb Challenger to a 2800lb? 160HP? Miata.
How can you compare them?
While 700HP is awesome, the Challenger is a huge car, a total boat as is the current Camaro and even the Mustang.

Just for comparison, my '89 5.0L Mustang weighs 3200 lbs, with a 6 point NHRA/SCCA approved roll bar, 325RWHP, approx 360FWHP.

If I park my Mustang next to a modern Challenger, Camaro or even a newer Mustang, it looks tiny.. like a Smart car!
I should take a picture of this comparison next chance I get...

#14 ·
There's just not that much coming out of the auto world to be excited for except to compare the Hellcat and Miater.

I do not like new age "muscle" cars. But the Hellcat looks to be freaking awesome.

Would I buy it over a Miata? Hell to the no. Once I sat in a NC and found that I actually fit, not too badly, too, it made me want a Miata even more. Though, I would have to get the soft top and drive it down most of the time haha. I didn't play with the seat adjustments enough to figure out how to fit me (6'2") in the car.

#16 ·
Here's the difference (aside from the fact that the new Miata is gorgeous and the Dodge is disgusting, especially in black): you can drive a Miata at a grin-inducing 8/10 all day long and chances are no one will notice. You'd have to try to get a ticket.

Drive the Hellcat at 8/10 anywhere but a dragstrip and you'll probably die.

I have never understood why anyone would buy a toy they can't use.

#19 ·
Here's the difference (aside from the fact that the new Miata is gorgeous and the Dodge is disgusting, especially in black): you can drive a Miata at a grin-inducing 8/10 all day long and chances are no one will notice. You'd have to try to get a ticket.

Drive the Hellcat at 8/10 anywhere but a dragstrip and you'll probably die.

I have never understood why anyone would buy a toy they can't use.

You should get someone to take you for a ride in a modern performance car.
Even the current 400hp 5.0L Mustang with a 6 speed manual will make your realize why people are buying power.
Then get someone to take you for a ride in a modern Z06 Vette or a supercharged GT500 Mustang or a supercharged ZL-1 Camaro.

Then you will understand what the 700HP Challenger is all about.. :)

#21 ·
I wouldn't want one, it snows and rains here, and we have speed limits and jailtime for reckless.

Straight-line power can be bought, a fast laptime means there's a skilled driver behind the wheel. Driving a slow car fast is much more rewarding.

That's not to say it isn't fun, but it's also boring to me. Imagine if roller coasters didn't turn...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.