Mazda3 Forums banner

automatic vs. manual

12K views 51 replies 27 participants last post by  AzMs3 
#1 ·
I know the manual is quicker in the hands of a good driver, but how much slower is the automatic next to the manual? 1/4mile? 0-60?

I have driven manuals before, but never owned one. I am sort of thinking about getting a manual transmission when i purchase my 3. The main reason I haven't bought a manual in my 4 previous cars is cause I'm lazy. Also with the 3, I think having the automatic you can shift would be too cool to pass up.

Whats everyones opinion on this? :?

thanks

#52 ·
Mello said:
I love manuals, but the only, and major downfall to driving a stick is not being able to control the car smoothly during heavy traffic, work traffic, stop-n-go driving, that sort of stuff. Other than that, I have nothing against manuals, have driven them before. I think it's all up to your personal tastes, and also like someone else said, what type of driving will you be doing in the next few years.
You just gotta learn how to drive it smoothly in heavy traffic, its not that hard. I can do it.
Nothing wrong with the manual though, hell it is better than regualr autos out there.

--herb--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.