Mazda3 Forums banner

Eonon d5151z - troubleshooting

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Dominator2006 
#1 ·
Okay, I just installed the D5151z into my 08 Mazda3. After sorting wires and getting everything hooked up, I'm now faced with troubleshooting problems.

1. No apparent antenna reception.
2. No fuel computer data displayed on stock led display.
3. USB connection does not recognize auxiliary audio input devices.
4. Stupid loud sound, but it's a Bose so I'm aware of the challenges.
5. No base GPS maps. I expected something basic but apparently you have to buy this.

Ok, so focusing on the first the items, does anybody have any suggestions? I'm still looking for a solution online, but wanted to give the unit a chance before I yank it back out. To be honest, I was not expecting this many challenges your of the box.

#2 · (Edited)
1) fm reception is worse than stock unit , if u have plugged in the antenna corectlly and set proper region at settings i think its a hardware problem.
2) you can access trip computer by pressing mod button on your steering wheel for a few seconds the unit will beep and you can scrol throught mods using next previous track buttons on steering wheel. you can also set the time with this method. if you search other eonon threads you will find more detailed information.
3)you mean that you cant plug in your android phone for example? no it doesnt support that as far as i know
4) if you have boss sound you should follow video instructions from eonon and solder rca plugs at the eonon wiring harness
5) you can search and download igo , its the best navigation for this units

#3 ·
1. I toyed with the antenna settings, and can kinda get it to work.
2. I found the steering wheel mods, that's fixed.
3. Can't get iPhone to talk to radio. Kinda stupid having a USB connection that doesn't connect.
4. I was able to modify the equalizer settings to make this more palatable. Not optimal but working.
5. I'll look into the recommended GPS maps.

Thanks for the input.

#6 ·
Ok, last post. I am pretty pleased with this unit. Other than the radio reception quality and a minor irregularity with the DVD player, everything works good. The sound is better than stock, but I do get some interference with Bluetooth some. But all in all, I'm pleased. Thanks for those who helped with setup.

#9 ·
I just installed it last week. I was expecting it has the same integration with the OEM info screen as D5151. I was disappointed because it does not. It does not show most of the infos like the D5151 does. It does not show "VOLUME", "MUTE", "HOME", "SETTING", on radio channel, it does not show "MHz" after the frequency, it does not show"GPS" or "NAV" when switch to gps. It does not show the time elapsed when playing music, no "TRAC" before the number of music/song it is playing. If the music does not have a CD cover image associated with it, it always display a Michael Jackson's "She's out of my life" CD cover image with the music - very annoying. Whatever it is playing will remain displaying on the OEM small screen even after it is off. You cannot watch video even your hand brake is on unless you turn off the brake control. I do not know if it is because they changed the GUI and lost all those integrations or I have a defective CAN BUS DE-coder?
I was wondering if anyone owns D5151Z has the same problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.