Mazda3 Forums banner

What's new with your Mazda? (Mississippi River and East edition)

313K views 5K replies 117 participants last post by  Alec trevelyan 
#1 ·
The Northwest guys are real nice and all, but everyone knows each other so I figured why not make one over here...

New this weekend will be a downgrade for my turbo. I'm building too much boost with the GT28RS and as much as I so so so want to work with it... it won't be cost effective to do so when I can just go down to a gt28r that I know will work great for 8psi.

Also, the 19th car goes in to get the full bumper repainted because someone swiped a corner of it in a parking lot... and ran off, those bastards lol.

Oh, and by this weekend I should be adding gas at probably 4.50/gallon. I'm so excited... :(:(:( can't you tell?

So what's new with YOUR mazda easteners?!

#3 ·
Re: NorthEast Version: What's new with your Mazda?

you'd move your MS3 exhaust a lot faster if you sold it for 185+ shipping lol

Well like I said above, I'm on the RS... This weekend (if it comes by Friday) I'll be moving down to a GT28R

Compressor
Trim = 59.9
A/R = 0.60

Turbine
Trim = 62.6
A/R = 0.64

Should get me down to the 8psi level I want to be at...

If I have time, I might try and squeeze in the indy fog mod. Been wanting to do it forever now, just no time...

#4 ·

Last weekend, swapped out turbos again, on a GT28r now, going to sell the disco potato since it's just too much for the car, and the straight R will do the trick... In the meanwhile I hooked myself up with the indy fog mod, got a new hatch rubber mat all weather thing that btw is freaking awesome! No more stuff sliding around in back! 35% Metalic style tint this past weekend as well (can you tell I'm prepping for August? lol) VT law says no up front, but I was down in CT and my brother had a 'guy' so he took care of us...

And these arrived today...

MB Boost (How fitting right? lol)
18x7.5
48 offset
Wrapped with: Falken Ziex ZE-912

#5 ·

Wow Tony, your ride has changed SO MUCH since I met you at last year's EECMM!

Since the speed3 exhaust install this past November and the GPS install after Christmas, I haven't had the time nor $$ for ANY mods. :( I NEED to repaint my calipers...get HIDs...some LED tails...some odds/ends.

Thanks for the thread!

#7 ·

Working on the in-dash drive+play install...pretty much only have the dremeling done at this point, then I'll be planing down the back of the cover piece, running the wire behind the stereo/temp controls to the center console, tapping the unit into the 12V supply, and finding a spot for the controller.

And I put in all interior LEDs today as well.

#8 ·

Nice. I almost pulled the trigger on all new LED's I want them... but they aren't a necessity at this point. My bro just did them all over in his charger and damn do they look sweet... ahh well. once the turbo is done, i'll move on to the HID's. and hopefully my secret project... then LED interior lighting :)

#11 ·

[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=114365.msg2439289#msg2439289 date=1215142859]
Ooh! I just realized there's a palm sander in the basement...should work to plane down that piece a bit! :)

As for the LEDs, go for it--$35 from dabears2k, shipping (for me anyway) is practically overnight from San Diego.
[/quote]

Damnit... lol stop that! I had them in my cart and already have an account. I don't need to be spending more money! ahha

#17 ·

Hmm, how simple is the install? IE could I do it myself at home with a small floor jack and a pair of stands :lol: If so....well I LOVE how Lara's came out, and she said there was a good fuel economy boost from it, so if it'll be easy (or hell if you can do it just make it $200 even and I'll come to you) then I'm interested.

Even though I too should not be spending money on anything :lol:

#18 ·

[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=114365.msg2441810#msg2441810 date=1215316002]
Hmm, how simple is the install? IE could I do it myself at home with a small floor jack and a pair of stands :lol: If so....well I LOVE how Lara's came out, and she said there was a good fuel economy boost from it, so if it'll be easy (or hell if you can do it just make it $200 even and I'll come to you) then I'm interested.

[/quote]

Is this speaking about the exhuast?

It's not 'hard' per se. But you will need to do some welding etc...

In other news... My turbo is done!!!! Oh so nice!!!! lol

Finally put in my SOK07 pedals (not just the deadplate anymore after what... a year? lol)

Installed my HID fogs as well....

Only 2 things left on my list to get done, but they are uber secrets ;)

Oh and I'm slated to pick up some used MS3 springs on the 19th... Thoughts on that anyone? I've read several differing threads about 1/2 inch drop, 1/4 inch rise, better stability.... this/that what's everyone think?

#19 ·

[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=114365.msg2441810#msg2441810 date=1215316002]

[/quote]

for the exhaust?

#20 ·

[quote author=aps11090 link=topic=114365.msg2442164#msg2442164 date=1215354578]

[/quote]

Is this speaking about the exhuast?

It's not 'hard' per se. But you will need to do some welding etc...

In other news... My turbo is done!!!! Oh so nice!!!! lol

Finally put in my SOK07 pedals (not just the deadplate anymore after what... a year? lol)

Installed my HID fogs as well....

Only 2 things left on my list to get done, but they are uber secrets ;)

Oh and I'm slated to pick up some used MS3 springs on the 19th... Thoughts on that anyone? I've read several differing threads about 1/2 inch drop, 1/4 inch rise, better stability.... this/that what's everyone think?
[/quote]

they work good on my speed lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.