Mazda3 Forums banner

adding oem fog lights and switch...

17K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  TASCAPARTS 
#1 ·
Ive searched the forums and didn't see exactly what I'm looking for. I've got a 2011 mazda3 i sport sedan and I want to add the fog lights. I found this kit on eBay which includes a new light switch. http://m.ebay.com/itm/290739243749?nav=SEARCH

Is this a relatively easy install? From what I've read the wiring harness should be there and these lights will bolt on and plug in. Is this correct?

#5 ·
its best/easiest to take the bumper off. you could theoretically do it by removing the bottom splash shields and reaching in, but that would be pretty difficult.

The kit/part you ordered is the lights, housing, and wiring. you still need the switch (not included in what you ordered), unless you already have it.

the p/n for the switch is BBM3-66-122

its $45-65 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-FRO...-2013-MAZDA-3-2012-2013-MAZDA-5-/360924243806

its pretty easy- plug and play into the steering column.

#9 ·
How do i get access to the steering column to remove the old one and install the new one? I saw two screws on the bottom and I removed those which loosened it up a little, but not much. What else needs to be done to get it off without breaking it?

#8 ·
Assuming the 2nd gen is the same as the first gen there are a few ways to do aftermarket add on fogs. If you use the factory wiring then you could connect the new fogs to the existing wiring in the bumper. You'd probably need to cut the connectors as I doubt the aftermarket housings would mate with the OEM plugs. Then you'd need to install the OEM turn signal stalk with the included fog light switch. That's it.

If you're installing an aftermarket switch then likely the kit will want you to independently wire the fog lights for power. Not really a big deal as you'd just need to tap power (battery), a signal wire, a ground, and the switch. I'm imagining this is one of those rectangular switches which goes next to the steering wheel in the blanks on the dash?

#10 ·
Remove those two screws you found. Extend and lower the wheel as much as you can. Grab the rubber cover on the top and work your way around it popping it loose from the top plastic part. That part should come off then.

There are a few screws holding the stalk into the column (I think, it's been a while). Unplug the harness from the base of the stalk, then pull the bottom section down just far enough to slide the base of the stalk out of the column.

Reinstall in reverse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.