Mazda3 Forums banner

What's new with your Mazda? (Mississippi River and East edition)

313K views 5K replies 117 participants last post by  Alec trevelyan 
#1 ·
The Northwest guys are real nice and all, but everyone knows each other so I figured why not make one over here...

New this weekend will be a downgrade for my turbo. I'm building too much boost with the GT28RS and as much as I so so so want to work with it... it won't be cost effective to do so when I can just go down to a gt28r that I know will work great for 8psi.

Also, the 19th car goes in to get the full bumper repainted because someone swiped a corner of it in a parking lot... and ran off, those bastards lol.

Oh, and by this weekend I should be adding gas at probably 4.50/gallon. I'm so excited... :(:(:( can't you tell?

So what's new with YOUR mazda easteners?!

#5,234 ·
Heya fellas... Been a long long time since I posted. The Mazda 3i I have was my first car, and a learning experience all in its own. I miss the days when I thought lowering springs, an exhaust, and intake made my car cool/fast. I still bitterly remember the last second desicion at the dealership to get the auto instead of manual. It was a choice which plagues me to this day.
A lot has changed, and the Mazda has spent months at a time sitting without being used, but I have to say it has been reliable. 102k miles and nothing but oil changes, and a one off purge valve solenoid. I probably should take better care of it than I have, but even though I dread driving it, it has always been there when I needed it.
Over the past month I have taken it back to stock except for the lowering springs, and have been running thinner synthetic oil in it with great results. Highway mileage has been a real 38+ mpg when keeping it under 65, so it has been great for long trips. It's a good winter car with the Bridgestone Blizzak tires. At its mileage (100+ k) I will probably just keep it until I no longer have a need for it.
Rear wheel drive for summertime fun can't be beat... People think of the 82-92 Camaro's as crap cars, or ******* cars, but I have the pride knowing I put almost every part of the car together myself. From the engine, transmission to the rear end, my own parts selections, and own two hands have built a car which I really love driving. With the beefed up suspension I can hang with STIs and other much more expensive cars in the twisties.

Here is a pic of my Mazda before I took it back to stock, and the second is my 83 Camaro :) Hope everyone is enjoying their cars.

#5,236 ·
I'm selling her. Picked up an e92 m. If anyone is looking for a steal on a modded / babied/ low mile ms3, I've got one for sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.