Mazda3 Forums banner

*OFFICIAL* Mazdaspeed 3 trans mount tracking thread *OFFICIAL*

67K views 290 replies 74 participants last post by  jerseyboy 
#1 ·
Due to the fact that we seem to have no less than 5 other posts here about the motor mount thread I thought that since i'm on here all day at work anyways, I could start the OFFICIAL motor mount thread. I'm going to keep 3 posts at the top reserved just for information to help track this issue in case it becomes more serious (hoping it won't)

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING FORM, AND REPLY TO THIS POST SO I CAN ADD IT TO OUR LIST HERE
[hr]
Forum Username:
Car build date:
Car delivery/title date:
Your location
Mileage when problem occurred:
Did YOU check your bolt previously:
If yes - How many miles before the problem:
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual):
What did you do to Fix it?

[hr]
If you have had this happen to you please forward to me the following information, so that we can have it all in ONE thread to look through, rather than having to search through 5-15 threads.

WHO CAN I COMPLAIN TO?
If YOUR car had a problem with the mount, please goto www.safercar.gov and fill out the form to file a complaint, it will take you 5-10 minutes.

I'll continue to update this thread throughout the day/weeks/months ahead. Please try to keep all posts in here that are relevant to this topic.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: *OFFICIAL* Mazdaspeed 3 tranny mount tracking thread *OFFICIAL*

This post will contain links & information to track those who have had issues so far. If you have any information to update with please let me know.

The members below have had their mount/bolt BREAK and their threads are posted below
MEMBER: SachielDesign
Posted December 1, 2006
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=63851.0

MEMBER: Dantheman1998
Posted January 1, 2007
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=65861.0

MEMBER: killacam08
Posted January 31, 2007
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=68354.0

MEMBER: PEFX-Speed3
Posted: ??
Forum Username: PEFX-Speed3
Car build date: 10/06
Car delivery/title date: ?
Your location: Winston Salem, NC
Mileage when problem occurred: 7800
Did you check your bolt previously: asked dealer to check
How was the car being driven? (Track, casual): spirited at times, Mostly Casual

The motor fell out 5-17-07 as i was going to work a pop and then a awful noise from the front of the car i was undescible what it sounded like but i was running about 60mph when it happend. So i got it towed to the dealer and when i got there they was calling me a liar and saying that they never knew anything about this happening and they could get on the internet and find anything they wanted to and one of the ladys in service dept is on the head mazda board and she knew nothing about it so idk if they are lieing or what... So i came home printed this crap off took it there and threw it on there desk. I had the car taken in about 1 1/2 months ago for oiol change and asked them to check it and i dont know if they did or not i know how dealers work! if its not broke they dont look. But anyways im 19 still live at home with my parents and they are very concerned for me getting back into one of these cars i dont want it back because if they replace it. the same problem will happen again right??? They are trying to work me out a deal right now but idk my build date is 10/06 and i have 7800 miles when it happend

The members below have checked their bolt and found it to be loose

MEMBER: MazdaSteve3
Posted February 4, 2007
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=68660.0

Forum Username: CosmicBlueMS3
Car build date: 9/28/2006
Car delivery/title date: 11/11/2006
Your location: Portsmouth, RI
Mileage when problem occurred: discovered at 1800mi
Did you check your bolt previously: no
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): spirited at times, but never stupid
CosmicBlueMS3 said:
It pains me to reply to this thread, but yesterday I checked my bolt and hooked up a torque wrench to see how tight it was. I started at 10lbs and went up in 2lb increments. I was able to tighten the bolt beginning at 26 ft/lbs ! I got almost a full turn before it bottomed out and then I set a final torque at 75 ft/lb. I then removed the bolt, covered it in red thread locker and reinstalled it again to 75 ft/lbs.
Forum Username: dbuenger
Car build date:09/06
Car delivery/title date:10/20
Your location: Roswell, GA
Mileage when problem occurred:7700
Did YOU check your bolt previously:yes,but with a non torque wrench. it seemed fine...
If yes - How many miles before the problem:everything looked the same this time, until I put a T wrench to it
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously: YES. a week ago I took it in and asked them to check this bolt specifically. when I got the car back my radio station presets were still there so I checked it again.
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Aggressive, but overall smoothly with rev matching, roll on accelerations, NEVER clutch dumping, etc.
What did you do to Fix it? Red lock tight and torqued to 75lbs.
dbuenger said:
The car was doing the "clunck" thing when shifting to 3rd under power so I was pretty sure things were working loose. So far (it's been 2 days) things seem much more stable and no cluncking noises. seems to shift a little cleaner too.
Forum Username:dp3
Car build date: 12/06
Car delivery/title date: 1/20/07
Your location Ventura
Mileage when problem occurred: 3500
Did YOU check your bolt previously: Yes
If yes - How many miles before the problem:approx 1800
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously Nope
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Casual and on occasion aggressively
What did you do to Fix it? Jacked up trans. Bolt backed out under approx 25 pounds torque. Applied red lockite. Retorqued to 80 Ft LBS

3/17/2007
Checked drivers side engine mount bolt and found it to be at 25 ft-lbs.
Removed the bolt from the engine mount, applied medium strength (blue) loctite, installed bolt and tighted to 80 ft-lbs.

Forum Username: aviateur
Car build date: 8/06
Car delivery/title date: 1/5/2007
Your location: Minneapolis, MN
Mileage when problem occurred: 2800
Did YOU check your bolt previously: No
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously: No
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Mostly conservative, some spirited runs
What did you do to Fix it? Removed the bolt from the engine mount, applied medium strength (blue) loctite, installed bolt and tighted to 80 ft-lbs.

Forum Username: PaleRider
Car build date: 01/07
Car delivery/title date: 3/22
Your location Wilkes-Barre, PA
Mileage when problem occurred: 650
Did YOU check your bolt previously: no
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously No
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Casual/sprited

I wouldn't say it was a problem per say. I put the car on ramps and jacked up the engine by the transmission housing. The bolt was tight all the way up to 70ft/lbs. At 70 it moved a tiny bit before the torque wrench clicked. I went up to 75ft/lbs and got a tiny bit more. Total less then 1/4 turn. I was satisfied.

I also noticed that there were two washers under the bolt.... Does everyone have two washers?

Forum Username: Noclaf
Car build date: 02/07
Car delivery/title date: 03/31/07
Your location: Charlotte, NC
Mileage when problem occurred: 1750
If yes - How many miles before the problem: n/a
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Casual/Spirited
What did you do to Fix it?:
I took the bolt out and applied blue locktight and tightened to 75 ft-lbs.

Detail:

I have been reading quite a bit in this thread (and others) and I want to really express my thanks to all those who took time to document this VERY serious issue. The transmission mount bolt on my Cosmic Blue Speed 3 backed out @ 18-20 ft-lbs !! I followed directions from various threads and jacked up the transmission about 1 inch before checking the torque. I applied blue locktight and re-torqued to 75 ft-lbs. The bolt also had two washers on it. There were no metal shavings on the bolt and it looked fine. The threads inside the mount also appeared fine.

This made me check my trans mount on my MS3 glad I did I found my to be loose approx 20lps. so I removed the bolt from the trans mount, applied loctite, installed the bolt and tighted to 80lbs.
Forum Username: Kralok
Car build date:10/06
Your location: Ridgefield PK, NJ
Mileage when problem occurred:2984
Did YOU check your bolt previously: yes it was loose approx 20lbs.
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously: YES.
What did you do to Fix it? removed the bolt applied loctite and torqued to 80lbs.

Forum Username: Lockheed
Your location: Tallahassee/Tampa, FL
Mileage when problem occurred:6700
Did YOU check your bolt previously: no
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously: no
What did you do to Fix it? Took it to the dealer and told them to make sure that it tight. They told me the "tech re-torqued all the bolts to factory specs." My butt dyno tells me that the car is tighter; not as much movement when changing gears. I figure that will last me until a TSB is officially released. I would have checked it myself, but I don't have a torque wrench.

Forum Username: P5_2_MS3
Car build date: 02/2007
Car delivery/title date: 03/23/2007
Your location: Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Mileage when problem occurred: approx. 1600 miles, 2550 kms
If yes - How many miles before the problem: N/A
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Casual, occasionally spirited
What did you do to Fix it?: Supported transmission, checked existing bolt torque, removed bolt, applied locktite, re-torqued bolt to 80 ft-lbs, marked top of bolt for future reference.

Details:

After following this thread for some time, I decided to check the bolt as a precaution. I drove the front wheels on ramps, then supported the tranny with two jacks. I checked the torque on the bolt by setting torque wrench starting at 25 ft-lbs and attempting to loosen the bolt. I was able to loosen the bolt at that setting, which likely indicates that the bolt was torqued to (or had loosened to) < 25 ft-lbs. The bolt was removed, red locktite liberally applied, then tightened back down.

Before I applied the new locktite, I did notice the two washers (instead of one) some old locktite, but only near the top of the bolt. Somebody at the assembly line must have messed up, because the top threads of the bolt don't even touch the threads on the transmission! I don't see how a dab of locktite on the top few threads would do much of anything. Anyways, I tightened the bolt down and torqued it to 80 ft-lbs and marked the top of the bolt for future reference. Hopefully I can just remove the battery box and check the bolt visually in a few weeks.

Driving impressions after fix:

The transmission was noticeably smoother-shifting after the fix. Apparently, the tranny must have been just loose enough to cause a bit of rough shifting from 1-2 and 2-3. I didn't really make much of it before, but now that it's fixed it's really noticeable.

Forum Username: Plucky
Car build date: Think it is 12/06
Car delivery/title date: 1/07
Your location SoCal
Mileage when problem occurred: n/a, did visual inspection at 1500 miles
Did YOU check your bolt previously:yes
If yes - How many miles before the problem:no problem, did inspection from under, looked tight.
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously n/a
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Casual as I am still new to stick.
What did you do to Fix it? After reading the forums some more, I took it out at 2400 miles and it looked tight. Lifted the tranny a little, and tried to retorque it at 80lb and it barely moved. I did take the bolt out, noticed there was already red stuff on it (thinking it's loctite), applied more red loctite and retorqued it at 80lbs. Seemed fine the first time, but feel a little safer now that I did it myself.

Forum Username: ChimChim
Car build date: Feb/07
Car delivery/title date: Mar 29/07
Your location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mileage when problem occurred: 1200 KM
Did YOU check your bolt previously: NODealer was asked to check the bolt and salesmen said it was checked and was fine. No records were given to me. I should have asked...
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously: Dealer was asked to check the bolt prior to delivery and salesmen said it was checked and was fine. No records were given to me. I should have asked.
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Casual with spirited moments.
What did you do to Fix it? Supported the transmission and was able to loosen the bolt with 35 ft. lbs. on the torque wrench. Applied locktite and torqued to 80 ft. lbs.

Shifting through gears 1 and 2 has definitely improved. Shifts prior to change has been clunky and clumsy and is much more direct since the bolt has been tightened.

Forum Username: ERIC-TC
Car build date: 12/06
Car delivery/title date: 3/07
Your location Texas
Mileage when problem occurred: after 2000 miles shifting 1-2 not as smooth as when car was new. Shifting a little rough sometimes like the shifter was not in the right spot on 2nd gear. When you down shift hard it was smooth like butter for a while. Then gradually it would shift rough sometimes. Most of the time it was smooth -but not all the time.
If yes - How many miles before the problem:n/a.
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously: Have it on paper they checked the torque on the bolt 9-days ago. They did not check it -just said they did Mad Mad Mad
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Normal, easy most of the time.
What did you do to Fix it? Torued bolt to 75 ft-lb. w/ jack on the tranny.

Car has close to 3000 miles. The bolt backed off between 20-30 ft-lb. At 20 I got a click, at 30 I got no click the bolt just turned.

I called the dealership. Service, sales, managers everybody! I'm very upset that they said they checked it and did not do the work!!!! I have no faith in them anymore.

Forum Username: oatmealboy
Car build date: 11/06
Car delivery/title date: 1/07
Your location: San Jose, CA
Mileage when problem occurred: 3240
Did YOU check your bolt previously: Yes, See here.
If yes - How many miles before the problem: 1740
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously: No.
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Was leaving an autocross event when I heard clunking. Otherwise, mostly casual driving.
What did you do to Fix it? Torqued somewhere above 85ft/lbs. Not sure how loose it was.

As I was leaving the autocross event I attended, I heard a clunk sound when shifting into 2nd gear; a sound I had never heard before, and definitely not normal sounding. I continued to drive around the premises to listen for more unusual noises. I drove over some botts' dots, and heard the clunks again. Didn't want to take the chance of driving home, so I went back to the event and borrowed some tools and a floor jack from another autocrosser. Went ahead and tightened her up above 85ft/lbs. Seemed like it went almost a 1/4 turn before it was torqued down. I didn't drive over the botts' dots again to see if the sound came back, but I made it home safely. Slight chance it could be loose suspension bolt of some kind, but the car drives just fine.

Forum Username: destrux
Car build date: 11/06
Car delivery/title date: 3/07
Your location: PA
Mileage when problem occurred: 2690
If yes - How many miles before the problem: ---
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Casual mostly (fuel prices kill me), sometimes aggressive.

Forum Username: Mellman
Car build date: 1/25/2007
Car delivery/title date: 03/12/2007
Your location: Oakton VA
Mileage when problem occurred: 3169
Did YOU check your bolt previously: NO
If yes - How many miles before the problem: N/A
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously: NO
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Casual

I checked my bolt today, found it to turn at around 35 ft lbs. supported the tranny, removed the bolt, had two washers, small flakes of loc-tite. I have no more loc-tite, so i need to buy more. I reinstalled the bolt and torqued to 20 minutes. i was expecting this to be a 2 hour job for some reason, when i was done in 20 minutes I was pleasantly surprised.

I checked it because I felt it was about time I did, and I had been hearing an increasingly louder clunk when shifting into 2nd. Plus i could play with the shifter, and feel it being a bit harder to pull into 2nd or push into 1st. Its better now, not a ton, but noticable.

#3 ·
Re: *OFFICIAL* Mazdaspeed 3 motor mount traking thread *OFFICIAL*

To find out how to check your tranny bolt use this how-to here:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=70973.0

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=75531.0

If you'd like the link to check your rear sway bar bolts, go here:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=75183.0;all

[quote author=shark77 link=topic=79741.msg1467954#msg1467954 date=1181213473]
I know that we have a list going on in the "stock issues" board, but I figured I would waste a couple hours scouring the internet for as many independant documentations of this issue as I could. I think that as of June 7, 2007, this is all the postings of mount failures.

So based on the information I found, we have 13 documented cases of this failure.

U.S.

SachielDesign
December 01, 2006
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=63851.0

Dantheman1998
January 01, 2007
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=65861.0

killacam08
January 31, 2007
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=68354.0

nondual
February 20, 2007
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123661483&highlight=mount

qwerty4550
~March 15, 2007
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=74995.0

zoom-zoomhatch
April 9, 2007
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123666792

fourthmeal
April 28, 2007
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123668865&highlight=mount

justa4banger
May 5, 2007
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123670474

PEFX-Speed3
May 17, 2007
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=68975.150

Black07MS3
May 28, 2007
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=78776.0

mafanchai
June 3, 2007
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123672670&highlight=mount

Austrailia

lbermmann
January 1, 2007
http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22287&highlight=mount

Chamonixxx
April 17, 2007
http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24416&highlight=mount

[/quote]

#4 ·
You can delete this post after you read it if you don't want it here - but I thought of some stuff to add.

1) I think it might be good for you to add the mailing address and phone numbers to the Mazda Headquarters or issue centers in the US and in Canada so that people here can start making calls to find out what Mazda is going about this issue. I think if we all start calling and asking then it will force them to at the minimum acknowledge the problem.

2) I think it would also be a good idea to add a section where people can share information they have received from a dealer or from Mazda headquarters. If you talk to your dealership and they tell you Mazda knows about the problem and is planning to do X, Y & Z then I would like to hear that from people. On the other side of the coin I would like to hear if people are being told that Mazda does not even know there is a problem or is not acknowledging it.

Thanks

#6 ·
It pains me to reply to this thread, but yesterday I checked my bolt and hooked up a torque wrench to see how tight it was. I started at 10lbs and went up in 2lb increments. I was able to tighten the bolt beginning at 26 ft/lbs ! I got almost a full turn before it bottomed out and then I set a final torque at 75 ft/lb. I then removed the bolt, covered it in red thread locker and reinstalled it again to 75 ft/lbs.

How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): spirited at times, but never stupid

My car was an early build, so keep that in mind before you start freaking out.

#7 ·
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=68975.msg1216443#msg1216443 date=1171896499]

My car was an early build, so keep that in mind before you start freaking out.
[/quote]

Thanks for the thorough writeup Scott...sorry to hear you had the issue :(

#9 ·
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=68975.msg1228402#msg1228402 date=1172279315]
Checked my driver side motor mount today, it was loose.
Applied loctite and screwed it back hard.

[/quote]

Checked mine on 2-22. It was perfectly snug. Build date 12-06

#11 ·
Forum Username:Byron
Car build date:09/06
Car delivery/title date:11/20/06
Your location Seattle
Mileage when problem occurred: 4000 mi
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously Yes At 3000 mi
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): Street, casual
What did you do to Fix it? Put car on hoist under tray and battery, supported the transaxle with floor jack and checked the torque on the bolt myself. Found the bolt torqued to 23 ft/lbs with No Loctite. The bolt was not loose but I'm sure with time it would have worked loose. I removed the bolt applied Red loctite, reinstalled the bolt and torqued to 75 ft/lbs. I had asked the dealership to check the bolt when it was in for the intake runner control valve replacement 1000 miles ago and they said they checked and it was "not loose"

#12 ·
interesting you say 23ft/lbs byron, mine started to tighten a 26 and torque wrenches can easily differ by that amount. seems mine hadnt spun perhaps, but just was never that tight.

#13 ·
I don't know how tight they got it at the factory but I am sure with time (and some serious thrashing at the track) it would have worked loose. It is not coming loose now and I am going to check it a few times to make sure it stays put before I head to the track.

#14 ·
I have a 2005 Mazda3 S 5-door. My transmission-side motor mount broke as well. The rubber is torn in half. It's currently at the dealer who is trying to refuse the warranty work based on a scrape under my car and my Tein S-tech lowering springs. If you look at the mount and how it sits, it's easy to tell that it's impossible for a failure of that type from compressive loads coming from underneath the car. I'm an engineering student, and any engineer will tell you the same. I appreciate everyone for reporting their problems here so these warranty issues can be dealt with.

It seems this problem is not isolated to the mazdaspeed3.

#15 ·
Ahh, good news. My dealer called me this morning and the mount will be replaced under warranty. Apparently the District Service Manager approved it saying that they were having issues with mounts on these cars. O RLY?

#16 ·
Just a FYI from the Mazda Canada Forums

-------------------------------------
Hello dutchie3 and all forum members,

I apologize for the delay in response as I have been in discussion with our technical department to find out more information on this issue.

As of to date, the cause of the few occurrences has been identified and Mazda is analyzing the situation to decide how it will be handled.

I will keep you up to date once I hear of any new progress.

Regards,

quote:Originally posted by dutchie3
[br]Just an FYI to have your dealer check yours. Another member on the mazda3forums has had a tranny mount go on him (check for yourself: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=68354.0). Thankfully he was not going too fast at the time and could pull over safely without incident.

Mazda has not at this time issued any recall or tsb on this issue. Some dealers still do not know anything about it. Mazda should issue a recall for this as it is a safety issue, or risk a heavy lawsuit.

#17 ·
i got my oil changed at the dealer on 2/26/07 and had them check the mounts. they stated they were fine and torqued to factory specs. i have it on my receipt :)
if i have any problems with mine i think there will be some liablility issues.
glad i had the dealer check me.
besides i have zero tools/time to mess around with my car.

#18 ·
I asked the dealer to inspect my engine mount while the car was in for ECU re-flash. They said that they would have to charge me for their time as Mazda Canada had not issued a recall/TSB for the mount. After arguing with them for a bit they called their district manager who did know of the problem and gave them the go ahead to check the mount on Mazda's dime. They reported that it was tight and torqued correctly, but they pulled it out and put red loctite on it.

It's nice to know that it has the loctite now and I too have a receipt for the work, should anything go wrong in the future.

Checked at 2280 miles.
Build 10/06
Purchase 01/07

#19 ·
I don't know if I have loctite, but I have it written on the bill that they checked the mounts, so if anything goes wrong, their call.

It was checked at my second service at 12000km (yeah I know, I do ~500km a week!)

#20 ·
[quote author=AlbertaMS3 link=topic=68975.msg1243981#msg1243981 date=1172848819]
I asked the dealer to inspect my engine mount while the car was in for ECU re-flash. They said that they would have to charge me for their time as Mazda Canada had not issued a recall/TSB for the mount. After arguing with them for a bit they called their district manager who did know of the problem and gave them the go ahead to check the mount on Mazda's dime. They reported that it was tight and torqued correctly, but they pulled it out and put red loctite on it.

It's nice to know that it has the loctite now and I too have a receipt for the work, should anything go wrong in the future.

Checked at 2280 miles.
Build 10/06
Purchase 01/07
[/quote]

Good Morning...
What ECU Reflash???? They haven't told me a thing about a reflash?
Could you please be more specific.
Thank You.

#21 ·
#22 ·
I just picked up my car from the dealer... I took it there on Wednesday due to an unusual engine movement and a "pop" that I heard on Tuesday when I pushed the car on third gear... This "pop" was definitely a noise coming from the engine mount.

Indeed when I took the car to the dealer, they kinda "knew" about this issue and they were happy to look at it...

They ended up retorquing the bolt as it was completely out of spec. (of course they won't tell me how tihgt it was)

Forum Username: Pololo_MS3
Car build date: 09/06
Car delivery/title date: 11/06
Your location: Austin, TX
Mileage when problem occurred: 2100
Did YOU check your bolt previously: Nope
Did your DEALER check the bolt previously: N/A
How was the car being driven? (Track, aggressive, casual): casual
What did you do to Fix it? Dealer fixed it.

Carlos

#24 ·
Add qwerty4550 to the list :(

"Just thought I would drop in to let you guys know that my engine mount broke. I have pictures but its no use to put them up as it looks the same as all the other victims. To say the least I am pissed off. BTW I had bought the AWR engine mount to prevent this problem from happening....yeah didnt prevent much. This happened when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, my car makes an insane noise and I lose power so I pull over thinking maybe I somehow messed up the clutch. I turn the car off because the noise is unbearable, open the hood only to find my engine dropped down (plastic covering dragging on the ground) and torqued to the side like all the others. I know this should be covered under warranty, since it has happened to others and should be a recall by now. However, if my dealership decides to give me hassle about the warranty for any reason I was wondering if there is any law or something that will give me the upper hand. I have had bad experiences with my local dealerships service department before. Anyways, I would greatly appreciate it if any1 has any information to give me the upper hand in this situation when I bring the vehicle to the dealership"

#25 ·
[quote author=tuners link=topic=68975.msg1245245#msg1245245 date=1172879247]

"Just thought I would drop in to let you guys know that my engine mount broke. I have pictures but its no use to put them up as it looks the same as all the other victims. To say the least I am pissed off. BTW I had bought the AWR engine mount to prevent this problem from happening....yeah didnt prevent much. This happened when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, my car makes an insane noise and I lose power so I pull over thinking maybe I somehow messed up the clutch. I turn the car off because the noise is unbearable, open the hood only to find my engine dropped down (plastic covering dragging on the ground) and torqued to the side like all the others. I know this should be covered under warranty, since it has happened to others and should be a recall by now. However, if my dealership decides to give me hassle about the warranty for any reason I was wondering if there is any law or something that will give me the upper hand. I have had bad experiences with my local dealerships service department before. Anyways, I would greatly appreciate it if any1 has any information to give me the upper hand in this situation when I bring the vehicle to the dealership"
[/quote]

I feel bad for him but I'm not too thrilled about his contribution. He took the time to type the above post but couldn't take the 2 minutes it took to fill out the form on the this thread giving more details. My guess is he didn't check the bolt.

#26 ·
[quote author=Betelgeuse link=topic=68975.msg1245734#msg1245734 date=1172894726]
[quote author=tuners link=topic=68975.msg1245245#msg1245245 date=1172879247]

[/quote]

I feel bad for him but I'm not too thrilled about his contribution. He took the time to type the above post but couldn't take the 2 minutes it took to fill out the form on the this thread giving more details. My guess is he didn't check the bolt.
[/quote]

Well he seems to be involved in somewhat of a moot point anyway. Engine falls out of brand new car. Liability is right on top of the manufacturer of that new car. I would not want mine repaired. I would get a new one. And more. Can you imagine what happens if someone gets killed or badly injured and what the negative press would do in terms of cost to Mazda? I mean loss of life from a new product?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.