Mazda3 Forums banner

MS3 missing mini-air-dam in front of driver-side front wheel - help with parts

2K views 5 replies 1 participant last post by  jmil 
G
#1 ·
In addition to the air dam that follows the front bumper (along the bottom edge), there are two little flaps, one in front of each front wheel. The one in front of my driver's side wheel is gone; there's a little metal rivet about where it should be.

Here's the one that's left, on the passenger side, circled in red.

What is this part called (a # would be great), what other fasteners will I need, and how easy is it to reinstall?

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Edit... these are not the correct parts. These are for the air dam that goes around the bottom edge of the front of the front bumper. What I need are one of the 4 small "flaps" that each go right in front of the wheels.

that is called the front skirt
Rt side - B37F-51-9H1
Lt side - B37F-51-9L1
Mounting rivits - B33J-51-833 (4 per side so order qty needed)

G
#5 ·
Wow, am I ever impressed with Japanese quality! That little flap is held on by a tiny rivet, which isn't a Mazda part, and a bunch of staples.

Staples? WTF? :dur:

And the flap doesn't hardly fit right, anyway. (As far as I can tell, it's the correct part, since it doesn't look like any of the others.) I kinda sort jammed it into what looked like the right place, and then put a bunch of small wood screws into it, since that rivet was impossible to reuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.