Mazda3 Forums banner

my clutch pedal really is hard to push...anybody else?

9K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dashing1eric 
#1 ·
I drive a 2005 mz3 sp23 sedan that I got earlier this year. It has about 60k miles on it. One of my friends last year bought a 2007 mz3 i sedan that has now about 20k miles on it. He always told me my clutch pedal was really hard to depress, but I never really thought anything of it other than, "Well, his car is a lot newer than mine."

This past weekend I drove his car around and then got right into my car and when I first pushed in the clutch pedal I was like "whoa wtf is wrong with my clutch?!" In about 30 seconds I realized this was how my clutch always felt - it just took me driving his car and then mine right after to really the difference.

Is anybody else's clutch pedal really hard to depress? Is this a sign of something? Anything I can do to make it a little easier? Or am I just being crazy? :screwy:

#3 ·
i drove another forum member's 04 sedan (kodiak3's) and that thing was like impossible to kill... the clutch was really soft... my ms3's clutch took a lot for me to push it in at first lol.. i think the muscles in my left leg are bigger than my right one :lol:

#5 ·
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=125087.msg2660745#msg2660745 date=1222956192]
i drove another forum member's 04 sedan (kodiak3's) and that thing was like impossible to kill... the clutch was really soft... my ms3's clutch took a lot for me to push it in at first lol.. i think the muscles in my left leg are bigger than my right one :lol:
[/quote]

Your joking right? The clutch in his car is like a fuggin leg press. My old 3 and speed 3 are like 50 times easier to press than his clutch.

#6 ·
[quote author=smokinAMD link=topic=125087.msg2661403#msg2661403 date=1222968973]
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=125087.msg2660745#msg2660745 date=1222956192]
[/quote]

Your joking right? The clutch in his car is like a fuggin leg press. My old 3 and speed 3 are like 50 times easier to press than his clutch.
[/quote]

hell nah it was sooo easy... it was about a year ago though.

#7 ·
[quote author=smokinAMD link=topic=125087.msg2661403#msg2661403 date=1222968973]
[/quote]

:rofl:

thankfully mine's not NEARLY that bad lol. seriously though, after driving my car around today I guess it does seem kinda normal. I think it was just the difference between my car and the 07 with a lot less miles on it. I'm gonna do some research and see if there's anything I can do to make it a little bit easier at least. I kinda liked the feel of the 07's clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.