Mazda3 Forums banner

New Tires

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  exentix 
#1 ·
I need new tires but I don't know which ones to get. I'm looking for All-Seasons because I live in Michigan. I know they aren't the best in snow but I cant afford a pair of winter and another pair for the summer. Belle Tire recommended Dunlop Signatures but there reviews are terrible. I am looking to spend less than $500 on four tires. Any information is helpful. Thank you in advanced.

Did some research looking at

Yokohama ADVAN S.4. and Continental ExtremeContact DWS

yay or nay?

#2 ·
My experience with the Yokohama AVID was terrible, they skidded around in the rain when driving the car off the lot, and I never felt particularly stable in the wet with them. I replaced them with the Continental Extremecontact DWS tires and the car is like its on rails (in a good way)! I would suggest the Continentals, they always get great reviews on here and I highly doubt you will have issues, tho I do suggest you get chains for your car if you live in a snow/ice prone area, your car may be replaceable but you aren't, and when a bad storm hits you don't always have time to stop by the local Les Schwab for snow tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.