Mazda3 Forums banner

really cheep coilovers

8K views 74 replies 22 participants last post by  Zoomba 
#1 ·
so im looking to lower my car, and i would love to get coilovers. i found these ones for really cheep and i was wondering what you guys think of them. i was recomended to this site by a friend and they have a good rep of high quality parts

http://www.racelandus.com/mazda-3-coilover-kit.html#

#3 ·
im ganna get em :)

#6 ·
I lot of speed owners own them (on speed forum) which.. I find odd.

Also a lot of VAG guys (and gals) use them to to drop the crap out of their v dubs.

Besides a creepy story of the main top bolt snapping, I haven't really heard anything "bad" about them or anything.
Just know they are simple coilovers and you can't adjust anything.

I say if you do get them and run them... someone needs to do a proper review of them. Just because they are cheap doesn't mean they are junk, they have value as.. literally thousands upon thousands of people have them. Just not sure how they are on a 3. The speed guys are two snuffed up on whatever to actually say what they like or hate about them.

#8 ·
it says they are fully adjustable

#10 ·
oh thats all i meant, what other adjustment are there? i dont know much about suspension. only other thing i can think of is ride stiffness? that would be nice.

i dont race track or anything, just trying to improve the look and handling a bit. so if i did just get these how long do you think it could last? because i can always go back to stock right?

my other option would be knew shocks and springs, and i want to do at most a 1.8" drop all around, so i would need a camber adjustment kit for the rear right? even if i did run these coilovers at over a 1.5" drop?

sorry for all the questions just trying to straighten things out

#12 ·
can we get a coilover sticky thread? as others have stated,not the highest quality. might work good for a while, but probably won't last long. however some will say the same for bc. personally I wouldn't ever put them on my car. I would rather go Koni+prokit.

#14 ·
i think i just might get these. like i said im not a hard driver at all but i want to lower and this is a very cheep rout, plus they are coilovers. and if and when these blow ill just go back to stock. hopefully ill have saved up enough by then to get a good set. buts its a good alternative for now.

so i plan on doing a 1.8" drop all around though, do i still need a rear camber adjustment kit if i run these coilovers

#15 ·
Lol stock you practically need camber arms.

I highly recommend SPC for you; they are super easy to adjust, and can be adjusted by just jacking up the car, and that is a plus.

Since racelands are coilovers, you can just rebuild them, and because of their low price.. They can be rebuilt for cheaper than springs or higher quality coilovers.
Question is.. How often do they need to be rebuilt? That I don't know.

But yeah, as far as adjustability, racelands only adjust height.

#16 ·
rebuild coilovers? whats involved with that?

any links to SPC?

#17 ·
SPC you can buy like.. all over the place. SU sells them, Revolution sells them.. they're definitely around.

Rebuilding coilovers.. is essentially the same as replacing the shocks and struts on a spring setup, except easier and .. less dangerous lol. Just remove springs and rings and the top hat, and bolt it all onto the new shock and put it back. No spring compressing or anything else involved.

And it's hell of a lot cheaper than new shocks and struts.

#23 ·
[quote author=sdb318 link=topic=208416.msg4207937#msg4207937 date=1332717388]
i have these on my 3. been on for about 2 weeks now
[/quote]

so what do you think about them? do they drive nice? how did you set yours up? (ride height, camber kit, ext.)

#26 ·
[quote author=sdb318 link=topic=208416.msg4208352#msg4208352 date=1332781623]
i do have some noise coming from the front. but that may be because i need an alignment.
[/quote]

Alignment has nothing to do with noise. You have noise because something is loose (more than likely.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.