Mazda3 Forums banner

Center console removal/cigarette lighter access in 2010 Mazda 3?

24K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  reegler 
#1 ·
I'm installing an XM ExpressRC in a 2010 Mazda 3 and I want to tap into the cigarette lighter power supply and hide all the wiring...does anyone have details about disassembling the lower part of the center console? I've got the vents and the radio out, and I'm sure the rest is a few more snaps, but I thought I'd see if I can get some info before I blindly start prying panels. Of course, pics are great if available!

Alternatively, if anyone has a better way to get to ignition controlled 12V power for the sat radio I'm all ears!

Thanks!

#3 ·
I found what I needed and it may help you. Pull your emergency brake completely7 up and you can grab the edge nearest the brake and away from the cup holders and lift with pressure and it will pop out. I saw some bolts that look like they may hold the console in. Worked well for me since I can now have room to install my usb plug.

#4 ·
Thanks for the update, I'm sure you've found them but there are also 2 bolts inside the storage between the seats, lift up the black thin "carpet" in the bottom and you'll see them. Once these bolts are out the whole center console feels loose from the car but I still need to get the individual parts separted to get to the cigarette lighter wiring. I'll give your advice a try!

#8 ·
A word of advice: Put the car into drive with e-brake on and remove knob to access the cigarette lighter. Everything is snap in so just work your way around the edges using gentle pressure.

It is scary having someone say "you just pull on it until it comes loose" when you have $20000 new car, but go slow and you should have no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.