Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Air Conditioning (A\C) Mist Coming Out Of Vents

13K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  mz3szoomzoom 
#1 ·
Alright, so let's see if anybody can answer this one - Mist has been coming out of my vents. Here are the situations where I've had it happen.

Driving along on the freeway, A/C is on, probably recycle too. I feel like it's getting a bit too cold for my taste, so I switch off the a/c, switch recycle off, and let the regular air flow in for a bit. Maybe say a good...5-10 minutes. Then I'll hit the a/c/ button again, hit recycle...and mist starts to blow out of my vents, mainly the center and driver side vents.

I'm worrying that this may be a leak or something? Everything smells just fine to me, I mean maybe a little more uhh...moist than usual, but otherwise it's fine. If I get into my car after leaving work and turn on the a/c right as I leave, there's no problem. The mist seems to only appear after the a/c has been on for a while, gets shut off, and then back on again shortly after.

Anybody have any insight on this? Do I need to take it in to the dealer? This is with the diffuser installed btw which I had done a few months ago. 2004 Mazda3 S Hatchback.

#2 ·
It's condensation coming out of the vents. Nothing to worry about. Down here in Florida I've seen that mist on a lot of my cars, especially if it's humid outside.

#4 ·
Absolutely normal.  Once you have your A/C going, the air in your vents is going to be cool and dry.  By turning the A/C off, you allowed the vents to be filled with warm, humid outside air.  Turning the A/C back on will force the humid air to condense rapidly... the result is the fog coming from your vents.

Just some more logic to give you peace of mind... In the winter time when the outside air is cold and dry, you can see your breath when you exhale.  The warm humid air from your lungs condenses once it comes in contact with the cold dry air.  This is the exact same thing that happens when your vents start to mist.

#9 ·
[quote author=TGM3 link=topic=26608.msg361777#msg361777 date=1123169771]
Left hand somewhere between 7-9 o'clock position most of the time.... Both hands if driving hard......
[/quote]

HUH? you looking at the right thread? LOL :D

[quote author=valloq link=topic=26608.msg361361#msg361361 date=1123126785]
Then I'll hit the a/c/ button again, hit recycle...and mist starts to blow out of my vents, mainly the center and driver side vents.
[/quote]

Is this a Mazda 3 owner who actually thinks the AC is too cold?
I want his car!!

#10 ·
[quote author=204-MZ3 link=topic=26608.msg362018#msg362018 date=1123179628]
Is this a Mazda 3 owner who actually thinks the AC is too cold?
I want his car!!
[/quote]

I doubt it.  On very humid days, I can make my vents mist at will.  ...and my A/C is NOT too cold! ;)

#12 ·
omg!

the other day me my mom and my brother were pulling out of chik-fil- a and we turned the a/c on and what i thought smoke was comin out of the vents. i told my mom to turn the car off and we were all freakin out like "the car is on fire!" lol. but then we realised it was just condensation lol

#14 ·
[quote author=Mazda3luver link=topic=26608.msg362347#msg362347 date=1123195935]
omg!

the other day me my mom and my brother were pulling out of chik-fil- a and we turned the a/c on and what i thought smoke was comin out of the vents. i told my mom to turn the car off and we were all freakin out like "the car is on fire!" lol. but then we realised it was just condensation lol
[/quote]

:huh:

#16 ·
> I didnt think that mz3 drivers in canada needed A/C...
> or any drivers in canada for that matter.

Believe me, you'll need A/C in Canada. We're not that far up north!

This summer in Ottawa we've been getting 90 degree F highs, and with the humidity 100 degrees F. I've been using my A/C practically everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.