Mazda3 Forums banner

Window Tint Price?

24K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  johnf514 
#1 ·
How much should I expect to pay for a window tint? I want the same tint all around the car.

And..I just got some gun metal colored rims, how dark should I go with my tint? I don't want it too dark, I still want to be able to see out of the windows at night. :D

See less See more
#7 ·
Anywhere from 150-200 is good for a quality job with lifetime warranty. I spent 300, but I'm picky and lived on the beach at the time... and the shop was down the road so I'm sure their rent had something to do with it haha.

I think anything under 20% is too dark, just get the most reflective tint you can (not that mirror stuff). It'll look darker than it is.

#8 ·
Wow, you guys in FL have good prices. I've looked 3 places here (western WA) and I got quotes of: 280, 325 and 350. I'm going with the 280 (Frank's Window Tinting in Lynnwood) because he was a nice guy, does great work and has a very high standard for his work - also because he was the cheapest :)

#10 ·
Just got it done this morning!

I actually went in to get a quote. I told the man what I wanted and he said he'd look at it and to leave it at the shop for a few hours, which I thought was strange to take that long for a quote, but there was a few other cars in the garage so I just figured he was busy.

Well, some how or another, there was a bit of a miscommunication and he didn't give me a quote, he went right a head and tented the car! But, it looked so good I didn't even care to get a quote then. The price wasn't bad at all, $130 for the windows except the front windshield.

It's lookin' schweeet, I'll post pictures later tonight.

#12 ·
i paid $180.00 for 5% all around with a life time warranty with Llumar. A lot of shops here in Florida dont charge by the %, they only charge by the type of car it is. Also I would advise you to find a shop that have a machine that pre-cuts the tint with some kind of program, this way its an exact fit. That is what i had done.

#20 ·
it looks good but are the backs darker than the front ones?

#21 ·
$125= 15% all around + lifetime warranty...FL FTW coulda got a cheaper price without warranty

[quote author=babi8oiblu link=topic=81924.msg1556788#msg1556788 date=1184394664]
it looks good but are the backs darker than the front ones?
[/quote]
I don't think so. It's just the light coming in thru the front windshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.