Mazda3 Forums banner

Mazdaspeed 3 Fuel Pump Service Bulletin

70K views 349 replies 109 participants last post by  Brokenwings99 
#1 ·
PDF file

Copy and past this: http://www.o-m-g-w-t-f.com/stuff/Mazdaspeed6/01-022-08-1919b[1].pdf

So that is A LOT of why the engines are poping (Speed 6 and now the onslought of ms3s). So all of you assholes who wanted to be a dick to me and didnt listen, you can kiss my ass. I am sure ALOT of us apply to this. I was scheduled to go to the dealer today at 1 for the final bit of tuning and touch ups to my car post engine replacement and I am bringing this up. We are working this all out today, I will be back with details tonight.

This was already mentioned in the recall section, but it needs to be here. ;)

#4 ·
Re: Mazdaspeed 3 Fuel Pump Service Bulliten

Sorry for the link not working.. Fixed it. Dont know why it got so fubard, but it is there now.

I got my car back Friday the 4th and this was issued the 2nd. The procedure on it says your are supposed to place a Aproved decal on the drivers side door jam and it isnt there.. so I do not believe this was done on my car! And it is the REASON it blew. So I will be headed there in a few minutes.

GET THIS DONE! ASAP!!!!! Call your dealer now, especially any of you with tbe/intake/mbc combos <- you guys want to be there today!

Good luck

#6 ·

[quote author=northmiler89 link=topic=108340.msg2220845#msg2220845 date=1207840784]

GET THIS DONE! ASAP!!!!! Call your dealer now, especially any of you with tbe/intake/mbc combos <- you guys want to be there today!

[/quote]

why the rush, especially for the guys with tbe/intake/mbc combos?

#7 ·

because this may be what is causing the major loss of power under load for a lot of people, including myself, and even engine failure and or damage for a few.
I had my car fall on it's face twice while accelerating in high gear, warm temps, also, hestation happens on a daily basis. I have an early build.

#8 ·

Yes, because modifications only further fuck up the AFR on this car and if it is having lean issues stock.. then throw on some parts and boom.

[quote author=dutchie3 link=topic=108340.msg2221000#msg2221000 date=1207843881]
because this may be what is causing the major loss of power under load for a lot of people, including myself, and even engine failure and or damage for a few.
I had my car fall on it's face twice while accelerating in high gear, warm temps, also, hestation happens on a daily basis. I have an early build.
[/quote]

The reflash... omgholyfuck it makes a HUGE difference HUGE. But not enough, still having problems so a new one is due to arrive on Saturday.

And the dealers will have trouble finding this. Print it and remind them that it is a "Service Bulletin" not a "Recall"

#10 ·
[quote author=MZS3 link=topic=108340.msg2221498#msg2221498 date=1207855423]
So this is just an ecu problem correct.
[/quote]

ECU reflash and an inspection of the fuel pump. The pump will be replaced if the manufacture date falls within a specific range.

#11 ·

[quote author=northmiler89 link=topic=108340.msg2221458#msg2221458 date=1207854639]
Yes, because modifications only further fuck up the AFR on this car and if it is having lean issues stock.. then throw on some parts and boom.

[quote author=dutchie3 link=topic=108340.msg2221000#msg2221000 date=1207843881]
[/quote]

The reflash... omgholyfuck it makes a HUGE difference HUGE. But not enough, still having problems so a new one is due to arrive on Saturday.

And the dealers will have trouble finding this. Print it and remind them that it is a "Service Bulletin" not a "Recall"
[/quote]

so you got this done then? since it is a service bulletin, will they just do the flash even if you dont have issues? wondering if my latest issues are a result of this

#13 ·
[quote author=hilmar2k link=topic=108340.msg2221538#msg2221538 date=1207855804]
[quote author=MZS3 link=topic=108340.msg2221498#msg2221498 date=1207855423]
So this is just an ecu problem correct.
[/quote]

ECU reflash and an inspection of the fuel pump. The pump will be replaced if the manufacture date falls within a specific range.

[/quote]

Correct. I would 100% reccomend going in with this in hand (check that your vin# applies) and request it to be done. Most likely will need an appointment, but it is a 10 minute deal. I noticed a HUGE difference. Cant vouch that you will or that you have problems, but I would just go get it done.

I wouldnt be worried about your exhaust. If they ask just say it is stock. They are just pulling it into the garage, hooking up the OBD2 tool and downloading it from their datebase. Bam, done.

#14 ·
nm.

#16 ·
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=108340.msg2221654#msg2221654 date=1207857339]
did you get it done at autocenter?
[/quote]

Yea Steve the Service Manager and John the tech are two fricken awsome dudes. I sat there in the garage with them the majority of the time and asked questions/pointed things out.

#22 ·
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=108340.msg2221849#msg2221849 date=1207861157]
going to the dealer tomorrow...

[/quote]

I'm skipping my 3PM class and heading to my local dealer today -- gonna see if they'll do it while I wait. I'm sure they won't, the bastards. Matter of fact, I'm sure they'll tell me it takes 3-4 days to do it. I'll post the outcome here later.

#24 ·
I posted this in another forum, but I was wondering if dealerships have the right to turn you down for service bulletins and/or recalls if you are modded. I understand that they can refuse to honor your warranty if you have some sort of freak malfunction, but if the problem and resolution is already documented by Mazda, can they still turn you away? Thanks in advance.

#25 ·
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=108340.msg2221849#msg2221849 date=1207861157]

[/quote]

dabears2k, can you please let me know how the process goes for getting this service bulletin performed? I'm also curious as to which dealer you take it to. Because the last time I wanted to get a rattle fixed, both John Hine Mazda and Mazda of Escondido wanted to keep my car there for the entire day--quite ridiculous IMO.

#26 ·
[quote author=pneutin link=topic=108340.msg2222046#msg2222046 date=1207864722]

[/quote]

dabears2k, can you please let me know how the process goes for getting this service bulletin performed? I'm also curious as to which dealer you take it to. Because the last time I wanted to get a rattle fixed, both John Hine Mazda and Mazda of Escondido wanted to keep my car there for the entire day--quite ridiculous IMO.
[/quote]

I will only deal with Michael Hill at John Hine and I will only let Oscar or Ron work on my car.

Those three guys are the best of the best.

I will post up what I find tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.