Mazda3 Forums banner

Recent college grad rebate???

8K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  dioxviad 
#1 ·
I was told by a salesperson this past weekend that Mazda is not offering a recent college grad rebate on the 3. Is this BS?? While I'm at it, are the recent college grad and owner loyalty rebates able to be combined? Thanks in advance.

#13 ·
When I bought my MZ3, Mazda's web site said that the owner loyalty and recent graduate programs could not be combined for the purchase of a new 3. However, dealer's own internal documents showed that they were. I didn't want to take a chance so my sales papers do not show any rebates, just a straight sales price of $1000 lower than what it would have been.

#15 ·
The dealer said they are going to submit the paperwork for both rebates and Mazda will reimburse them. However if they don't get any of the rebates then it's their loss because the rebates do not show on my sales contract.

I have a friend who owns a Protege and I am in grad school. I also qualified for the 3.9% financing for 60 months.

#17 ·
I went to the advising office at my school today and the adviser was telling me that I have to go get a letter from my department saying I'm on trackto graduate in june, and then come back. Just the regular pain in the ass bullshit.

Anyone know if I can use my current school schedule, which says I'm a senior for the rebate. I am scheduled to pick up my car on friday (my b-day) or monday and don't want this to hold me up. It would be nice to have the new wheels for the weekend and put some miles on the thing (the weather is supposed to b nasty though).

#18 ·
I tried using a letter I recieved regarding graduation and my transcript saying I have 113 out of the 120 credits needed to graduate. I was told I needed something a little more specific. I went to my grad office, and they told me they wouldn't do it. I then went to my enrollment services building(where you register for classes) and they were able to give me a "letter of intent". It's a predrafted letter with blanks for the name and date, that says if you don't screw up, you're scheduled to graduate at a certain time. All they did was look in the system and checked when I was registered to graduate(May), and filled the form out. See if you can grab one of these.

HTH
Craig

#21 ·
sure you can, just be sure to try to get it before it expires 3/1/2004 i think. the rebate is via mazda. Some dealerships are taking the price off of the cost up front; however, some are making you send off for it.

See if you can send off for it. Just be pushy :wink:

#22 ·
It may expire on 3/1/04, but the previous grad rebate expired on the 31st of December. It seems that Mazda just reissues the rebate every few months, i guess in case they want to change up the way it works. I can't see mazda not offering the grad rebate after the 1st of March. Almost every auto maker out there offers a grad rebate of some sort and I don't think mazda can afford not to offer it on a car they are targeting towards this age group in the first place.

#23 ·
Can this be combined with s-pan ?

Hi,

New to this forum. I found it amazing to see a forum dedicated just to a single model of car. Kudos to all participating in this forum. I work for a company thru which I can get a s-plan pricing for MZ3. One of my freind owns Mazda as well as she is enrolled in nursing and will be graduating within two years. I want to know will it be possible to combine s-plan as well as get 100USD rebate ? What should I be doing to get this two things ? Will I need to buy car in a combined name with my freind to get this things ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.