Mazda3 Forums banner

New Infra Red (or Velocity Red?) Mazda3 hatchback

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  ichill 
#1 ·
Hi Guys! I'm not that new in this forum, at least from my logged in time it says 20 hr, but this is the first time I introduce my car. I live in Indonesia, so the specs might be different from US. It's 2008 Mazda3 hatchback 2.0L (there's no 2.3L available here, and only A/T).

I bought this car in May, but I have to wait for almost 2 months b4 I was able to drive it, due to the wait for the license plate. now it has 4000Km on it. I LOVEEEE the car sooooo much!!!!! it's far better than my Megane! I've added K&N filter and my dad added a product that he said preheated the fuel so it will perform better. I forget the name of this product...

So far, I've already got a ding, some light scratches and a paint chip on my engine hood caused by a flying rock in the highway. The ding I've got from a stupid motorcycle who try to pass me but almost got hit by the incoming bus, an his bike was fell on my 3. It's only a small ding on the driver's side door, but since it's new car, it's so painful... :(

Well, I hope I can learn so much from this forum :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations! The car looks great. The color looks like the Copper Red we receive in North America.

2 months for plates = no driving the car :shock: that sucks! There are a ton of great ideas in this forum. I know I've learned a lot.

Welcome!!

#5 ·
The fuel economy is around 10-11.50km/L combined. convert that to miles/gallon...I'm bad at math :hide:
the interesting thing is the dealer claimed I can only get 8km/L...weird...

the tranny is 4speed Auto, no 5speed auto in Indonesia. what a shame...I miss US, I used to live in Seattle, Santa Barbara, and LA. I paid this car for Rp.270million, that's about US$29,000. The tax makes the car price a lot higher here

Btw, I still think it's a velocity red, I remember I saw a thread that comparing the true red an velocity red. I think mine is close to velocity red. Cooper red will be darker. I might have done something wrong when I edit the images...if anyone have the image of the cooper red and the velocity red side by side, that would be helpful...well, it's not important, though...

#8 ·
[quote author=Nikonisti link=topic=121499.msg2568221#msg2568221 date=1219774306]
The fuel economy is around 10-11.50km/L combined. convert that to miles/gallon...I'm bad at math :hide:
the interesting thing is the dealer claimed I can only get 8km/L...weird...

the tranny is 4speed Auto, no 5speed auto in Indonesia. what a shame...I miss US, I used to live in Seattle, Santa Barbara, and LA. I paid this car for Rp.270million, that's about US$29,000. The tax makes the car price a lot higher here

Btw, I still think it's a velocity red, I remember I saw a thread that comparing the true red an velocity red. I think mine is close to velocity red. Cooper red will be darker. I might have done something wrong when I edit the images...if anyone have the image of the cooper red and the velocity red side by side, that would be helpful...well, it's not important, though...
[/quote]

thats 23-27mpg... 8km/L is like 18mpg, thats really horrible but i wonder how the gasoline compares to us specs. But anyways congrats on the purchase youll love it

#10 ·
the color code is neither 32V or 27A, so I think it is Infra Red, the red color for Indonesia market...

The quality of the gasoline in here is noticeably lower than in US, so i have to add something called Mygreenoil to increase the quality of the fuel. It's not an octane booster, it's made of vegetable oil. It could increase the power and give better mileage without the negative effect of octane booster.

I'm actually an agent for this product :hide: and thinking of bringing this product to US market, if anyone interested, as a start...

#16 ·
A stupid Toyota Innova cut my lane and hit me from the side with his rear bumper when I was trying to change lane, he kept forcing his selfishness to stay ahead of me. I didn't even see him before it happened. No worries, though, $15 later the car has return to its shape, and another $20 for the paint job later :)

although...the head lamp scarred permanently...anyone know how to eliminate the scratch on the lamp mica?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.