Mazda3 Forums banner

Remote Keyless Entry issues

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  icspots 
#1 ·
Heres the Story,

I purchased my Mazda 3 GX in August 07, and had asked to install a keyless entry (as the GX did not come with a stock unit) They explained to me that the OEM wasn't available so they would have to put in an aftermarket system.

Two years later I am having MASSIVE problems with intermittent signals, and cheap remote. Mazda won't touch it now because the mechanics that installed it worked in a location that has now closed and the new dealer says "after markets are off limits and we refuse to touch it"

I put in an inquiry to Mazda Canada to see where I can get, but I do not want to pay twice for a system I already bought. If I get no where I may just break down and get a compustar or a viper.

NOW...I want to do my own research and find out the make and model of the keyless control module. The technical manual says to remove the scuff plate AND the glove compartment. Does that make sense? Is it installed in the scuff and the wiring is in the gove box?

Please clarify, and No the model is not on the remote itself (I tried that) :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Being that you had an aftermarket keyless system installed it's unlikely that we'll know what they installed, and where. They could have installed it anywhere. The OEM KEU is located in the headliner by the map lights. Incidentally were they adding power locks as well, or just the keyless feature?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.