Mazda3 Forums banner

Having a choice between Black and Dune interior colors- opinions?

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  allfiredup 
#1 ·
On the 2010 MZ3, it seemed logical that the Crystal White Pearl and Black exterior colors would have a choice between the Black and Dune (Beige) interior. White and Black match everything.

But I was surprised to see that the Graphite Gray also offers the two interior color choices. The idea of Dark Gray with Beige interior just seemed to clash...until I saw it at the dealership. It's really sharp looking.

Anyone else seen it or have an opinion?

#3 ·
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=149769.msg3214036#msg3214036 date=1246952472]
I'm personally biased heavily towards darker interiors, on pretty much any color car. Beige just screams "rental car" to me, no matter how nice of materials are used. The darker interior just feels tons more classy and modern and upscale to me.
[/quote]

I've only had beige interior in one of my 10 or so cars- a '92 Honda Accord EX. It appealed to me because the dashboard and steering wheel were still black, then the beige started on the door panels and carpet.

On the Mazda3 with Dune interior, the dashboard and center console are black (only the glovebox door and panel under the steering column are beige) and the entire center console/armrest is black. The upper half of the door panels are also black (from thearmrest to the window sill) on both the front and rear doors. It's a snazzy looking two-tone effect that is very classy looking, IMO.

#5 ·
IMO, the dune interior adds an upscale appearance that is better suited to a luxury car or a car with luxury car aspirations. The 3 is supposed to be sporty (zoom zoom right?) and to me, a beige interior seems out of place. Like it's trying to be something it's not.

#7 ·
[quote author=Amodarus link=topic=149769.msg3214250#msg3214250 date=1246974884]
Lol, it's the interior of a car that YOU will have to look at every time you're in it man. Get whatever YOU prefer.
[/quote]

but the OP asked for our opinion!

#8 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=149769.msg3214252#msg3214252 date=1246974976]
[quote author=Amodarus link=topic=149769.msg3214250#msg3214250 date=1246974884]
Lol, it's the interior of a car that YOU will have to look at every time you're in it man. Get whatever YOU prefer.
[/quote]

but the OP asked for our opinion!
[/quote]

I know, i'm just saying, peoples opinions as good but ultimately it gonna boil down to him. If he buys it based off of what someone else likes, later on down the road he may grow to hate it. I just sorta feel like the interior of the car is a quite personal thing. :bunnyd:

#9 ·
I'll end up with Black, I'm fairly certain....mainly because I like the Celestial Bue and Gunmetal Blue exterior colors the best and they only have Black interior. As good as the Graphite color looks (with either interior), I've had a Titanium Gray MZ3 s 5-door for 3.5 years....it's time for a change in exterior color!

It will be cloth (I hate leather) interior, but I kinda wish the seats weren't so plain looking. My '06 has the red/black checked pattern on the seats and the upgraded floormats with red edging and lettering....it stands out without being flashy, IMO. Then again, if my butt is in the seat, what do I care!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.