'07 Mazda 3 - Fading Brakes - Odd Behavior
2007 Mazda 3
I've read and searched these threads up and down, I've found similar issues but nothing exact.
Brakes worked great two nights ago (no issues at all).
I was driving on some ice when I felt my ABS kicked on. Suddenly after this event my pedal fades when attempting to brake. (It used to be very touchy. I only applied very little pressure and my car would come to a complete stop.)
- I checked for leaks - observed none
- Inspected Brake Fluid Level - Full (no visible contamination or odd color)
- Jacked Up car and inspected Calipers, Brackets and Brake Pads. - Found a Stripped Guide Pin on Front Passenger Caliper Bracket. (Replaced with New Caliper Bracket and Guide Pins)
- Performed Inspection by turning vehicle off, pumping the breaks and holding the pedal depressed. Start the vehicle and the pedal does depress.
* Performed Vacuum Function Inspection *
1. Depressed pedal with normal force
2. First Pedal stoke is long and becomes shorter with subsequent strokes. *HOWEVER* I do feel the pedal slightly fade, after subsequent strokes. BUT pedal does not fade all the way to the previous stroked level.
So my question is, is this Master Cylinder, Brake Booster, or Air in the Brake Lines and/or air in the ABS?
Last edited by SethCalkins; 12-21-2016 at 08:19 AM.