Mazda3 Forums banner

Squeaking Clutch pedal?

34K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Ebeeze 
#1 ·
Anyone have a creaking noise when releasing the clutch pedal?

#3 ·
Re: Squeaking Clutch petal?

My clutch pedal squeeks both when i press and release... ITS ANNOYING and I dont know how to get rid of it.

#7 ·

over the past few months, i've noticed it as well. i can feel it when i push in the clutch. i may take it in sometime this week.

#12 ·

My warranty is up and I don't trust my local dealer so I want to fix my squeaking clutch pedal myself. What type of lubricating grease should I use? There are about 5 different types at Walmart.

#15 ·

It won't go away. Take it to dealer... I had to also, Broken slave, I think. Get it fixed. 8)

#16 ·

Fellas,

I think it is a lost cause. I have complained to the dealer about the creaky noise in the clutch, as well. They replaced the clutch switch and lubricated the spring. The noise went away for awhile only to comeback shortly after. While at the dealership I asked to check a clutch on the brand new 3 from their lot. They obliged and, to my fucking horror, the new one had the same damn noise.

I gave up after that!

#17 ·

I went to my Stealer (dealer) with the same problem... they check it out and then they told me that my clutch need to be lubrificated, result :
56$ !!!

not under warranty because its part of a normal maintenance. Have anyone owned a car where u had to grease the clutch lever at every oil change??? And if ist a "normal" issue why didnt just told me that i need to lube it without charging me 56 $

#18 ·

2007 Mz3i Touring with a squeaky clutch. I just turn the music up louder. ;)

That said, I can still feel it in my foot, and I don't like that. Bad slave cylinder? Is this covered under warranty? I'd like to get it replaced, but not at my cost.

#19 ·

ya, I just recently purchase a 3 and im new to manual as well.
I felt that stringy clicking on my cluth as well, i was wondering if its normal, cuz i never drove a manual
looks like its not normal? can it be fixed? from everyone it seems like what the dealership did didnt help
with the problem. :(

#22 ·

CLUTCH SQUEAK SOLUTION:

The source of the most common squeak is at the pedal side of the clutch push-rod where it meets a white plastic insert. It is a small spot. Spray grease will do fine. Do not use oils.

To get the grease in the right tiny spot use spray grease with a narrow tube, insert the tube all the way inside the white plastic insert and inject the grease, do it in both sides.

Be careful, use proper eye protection and keep a towel at hand to clean any greasy mess.

This is a very hard to locate problem because the squeak vibration from the trouble spot are transfer to the firewall via the push-rod and when trying to listen it appears to come from the master cylinder, but it is not.

I emailed Mazda this same info 8)

#23 ·

It's not something the dealer can do much about. It's simply poor materials and build quality. They can throw new parts in and it will still do the same thing after a bit because that pushrod looses it's lubrication. It's not the salve cyl though. That'd be a much bigger problem.

#26 ·
i have this problem as well. at my last scheduled service, i mentioned it to the dealer, fully aware that they would tell me the linkage needed lubing even thought it could be one of a dozen things wrong (like a bad clutch MC seal). sure enough, they told me it needed lubing... figures (they always want to do the easiest thing first). and also sure enough, it did not fix the problem. they did admit that they heard it, though, and it's on the record that they said that. they suggested the lube needed to "work in". yeah right. so if it's still doing it in a couple of months (giving time for the lube to "work in"), i'll go back and have them think about replacing the clutch MC.

btw, this same problem afflicted my hyundai elantra. in that case, it was the clutch MC that needed replacing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.