Vibration at 60mph impossible to fix!
I'm surprised I still haven't given up on fixing my vibration issue at 60mph highway speed.
These are ALL the things I've done:
- Front rotors replaced
- Tried 2 sets of brand new tires
- Balanced all 4 wheels, WITH HUNTER ROADFORCE
- Alignment completed
- With or without spacers, the car still vibrates
- With or without plastic or metal hubcentric rings, the car still vibrates
- Wheels are checked by wheel shop and is not bent nor damaged
- Wheel bore is not damaged
- CV boot checked and is fine
- Inspected by Mazda
Here are some interesting facts:
- Another car shop put OEM Mazda 3 wheels with brand new aftermarket Kumho tires and there are still vibration.
- Last time when Mazda inspected, they tried 4 OEM wheels with brand new aftermarket Toyo tires. 2 of them caused vibrations, 2 did not ON ONE PARTICULAR ROAD. Read below.
- I noticed that the car vibrates whenever it decides to. Why? Well I've tried driving on the exact same road, at the same speed and one time it vibrated a lot and the other time it did not vibrate at all.
Here are the possible things that I may still try. Please throw in as many suggestions as possible:
- Rack and pinion. One technician suggested I get Mazda to inspect and tighten my rack and pinion a little bit to see if that may fix the issue.
- The shocks are done? Last time I brought it to a shop for alignment recently, they did mention my front left shocks and springs is a little bit damaged, though not to the point that it needs a replacement immediately. BUT, could that cause the vibration?
- Control arm
- Steering tie rod
- Steering wheel?! It doesn't seem that loose to me.
I got a question for all. My steering wheel wants to instantly drive right even after an alignment on the highway. What could that possibly be?
I have a 24k type service coming up (72k on odo) and the reason why I posted this is to get as many suggestions as possible for diagnosis. Last time when I brought it to Mazda, I just told them I have vibration and they spent 3 hours trying to balance the wheels and stuff which I have already done with 3 separate shops and have not fixed the issue. IMO, they fluked the Toyo tires in that one situation and just sent me away. SO this time, I want to actually have a list of things I want the dealership to check during my big service and see what they think instead of blindly telling them to inspect for vibration.
3 months and counting, but I know I will find the solution one day. Please help me figure out the impossible. Thanks in advance!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.