Vibration at 60mph impossible to fix!
I'm surprised I still haven't given up on fixing my vibration issue at 60mph highway speed.
These are ALL the things I've done:
- Front rotors replaced
- Tried 2 sets of brand new tires
- Balanced all 4 wheels, WITH HUNTER ROADFORCE
- Alignment completed
- With or without spacers, the car still vibrates
- With or without plastic or metal hubcentric rings, the car still vibrates
- Wheels are checked by wheel shop and is not bent nor damaged
- Wheel bore is not damaged
- CV boot checked and is fine
- Inspected by Mazda
Here are some interesting facts:
- Another car shop put OEM Mazda 3 wheels with brand new aftermarket Kumho tires and there are still vibration.
- Last time when Mazda inspected, they tried 4 OEM wheels with brand new aftermarket Toyo tires. 2 of them caused vibrations, 2 did not ON ONE PARTICULAR ROAD. Read below.
- I noticed that the car vibrates whenever it decides to. Why? Well I've tried driving on the exact same road, at the same speed and one time it vibrated a lot and the other time it did not vibrate at all.
Here are the possible things that I may still try. Please throw in as many suggestions as possible:
- Rack and pinion. One technician suggested I get Mazda to inspect and tighten my rack and pinion a little bit to see if that may fix the issue.
- The shocks are done? Last time I brought it to a shop for alignment recently, they did mention my front left shocks and springs is a little bit damaged, though not to the point that it needs a replacement immediately. BUT, could that cause the vibration?
- Control arm
- Steering tie rod
- Steering wheel?! It doesn't seem that loose to me.
I got a question for all. My steering wheel wants to instantly drive right even after an alignment on the highway. What could that possibly be?
I have a 24k type service coming up (72k on odo) and the reason why I posted this is to get as many suggestions as possible for diagnosis. Last time when I brought it to Mazda, I just told them I have vibration and they spent 3 hours trying to balance the wheels and stuff which I have already done with 3 separate shops and have not fixed the issue. IMO, they fluked the Toyo tires in that one situation and just sent me away. SO this time, I want to actually have a list of things I want the dealership to check during my big service and see what they think instead of blindly telling them to inspect for vibration.
3 months and counting, but I know I will find the solution one day. Please help me figure out the impossible. Thanks in advance!